Lost 70 lbs so my "Suits Don't Fit"

Options
BroDave
BroDave Posts: 249 Member
I am a pastor and have lost 70 lbs since January. All 16 of my suits and 9 Blazers are way to big and so I took one of the suits to have it altered and the lady said "I am not a miracle worker, you lost more than 40 lbs you should go buy new suits" then she said "If I altered them the pockets would touch in the back.

So I went and bought 3 new suits. I was wearing a 50 Regular and the new suits are a 44 Regular. So I brought the 9 blazers to church with me tonight to see if some of the men need them and I gues I will bring the suits on Sunday.

Replies

• Purecity
    Purecity Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Her response was funny! Congrats! You sure deserve those new suits :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Same here, both the pastor and suits not fitting. Since I have more I want to lose, and after getting to my goal weight still want to get my waist down, I donated my old suits to a local prison ministry that runs a thrift store to provide finances, and purchased some suits at the local thrift stores. No one can tell they are second hand, and they cost very little. When I am where I want to be, I will get some good suits.
  • Lulumaguloo
    Options
    I agree you definitely deserve new suits. You're doing a FANTASTIC job!!!
  • finabella
    finabella Posts: 176
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss, think of it as a win win situation you get new suits and so do some of the guys in your church :)
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    That is super cool. As I taylor i try to tell people that alteration beyond 2 sizes is a nightmare and will cost them more than simply buying a new outfit.

Congrats on the weightloss and the new clothes that is awesome!
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful victory! Congrats and pat yourself on the back for all your hard work!

And what a great idea to bring your suits to others who can use them . . I've donated most of my "heavy" clothes to thrift stores like the Goodwill and Salvation Army because I don't EVER PLAN on going back to that size again! :smile:
  • mike20603
    mike20603 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Awesome job brother !!! I had to do the same thing myself...it's a good problem to have !!!
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    A small price to pay for good health! Way to go BroDave! I am in a similar boat...I went from a size 44 waist in my pants down to 34 waist. And size 4 XL to an XL or 2 XL in shirts. I have donated 8 huge Rubbermaid bins of clothing to Goodwill. I have found that the best thing to do is to absolutely get rid of anything too big, because if I ever get large enough to wear that size again, it will be a sad, bad thing. Keep on chooglin!
  • mroger801
    Options
    Great job! Its wonderful that you're making sure your suits will go to good homes.
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain...in the wallet. Congrats on the weight loss. I am going to go buy one suit this weekend for a few functions i know i will have to attend before christmas. I still have some to lose so I am putting off buying any more suits until then. The person I called about alterations said the same thing as above. Buy new suits it is cheaper.
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Great Job, Great Story. I had the same experience and as was mentioned earlier, if ya' gotta have a problem, ...it's not a bad problem to have! Keep up the great work
  • jhungate
    jhungate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I did the same thing, have gone from a 52 to a 44.
  • ZoayZoay
    ZoayZoay Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well done!

(Wondering how you managed to wear 16 suits at all anyhow...?)
  • BroDave
    Options
    Well done!

(Wondering how you managed to wear 16 suits at all anyhow...?)

I wear a suit almost every day and I don't like to wear the same one over and over so that has given me a lot of options.

Thank you everyone for your encouragement
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! Congratulations!! :)
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 70 lbs gone. My dad is also a pastor, and he is now able to button his suits again (he has lost about 20 lbs). He is also on here but not faithfully. She was right - you needed new suits.
  • BroDave
    Options
    My colset is empty I took all the fat cloths out and now there is nothing much left. 4 big trash bags of cloths for the VFW. Wow!
  • mroger801
    Options
    If you have a Men's Wearhouse in your town, I would suggest buying suits/pants there. Once you have an alteration done (i.e. take in the waist), they'll keep altering it for free. I've been keeping all of my pants somewhat fitting by taking groups of pants there. They are starting to also do my suits as well. Its great because you're not paying to have things altered as you keep loosing weight.
  • gullettgirl
    gullettgirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Great job!!! Me and my husband just started back on MFP. He's a preacher and I told him we need to be as healthy as possible before we go into the mission field. :) Feel free to add us! My username is gullettgirl and his is belizean_ed
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!