An pain

One day in my workout I did abs in the morning then in the afternoon I did more abs workout. The next day I was die. Know I have a sharp pains at times on my left side.

Could I if pulled a muscle bye doing to many at one time

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    maybe, or just too much too soon.

Why so much ab work?

Working your core will not increase fat loss in that area or give you abs. you just need to lose fat for that. Also, if you follow a lifting program that uses compound lifts, your core is probably getting enough stimulation to get stronger from that alone.
  • Melolson14
    Melolson14 Posts: 147 Member
    This is my 3rd week with a trainer.
    That is what she has been having me do.
    I’m 48
    2014 I have lost 20 pounds or more after my knee injury I ended up gaining it all back. I am going on a cruise with my daughter and I would like to you lose 25 pounds so then I started with a personal trainer. But I don’t feel like I lost anything and with this ab injury not sure what to do. Not much cardio so I think I’m gonna start walking on the treadmill or elliptical more on my own.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    I never heard of a trainer making someone do 2 ab workouts in one day. I'm very skeptical that you should be working with this trainer.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    I never heard of a trainer making someone do 2 ab workouts in one day. I'm very skeptical that you should be working with this trainer.

This. Even when doing different body parts, two resistance workouts in one day is usually a rare plan, especially for beginners.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Abs workouts by themselves are unlikely to make you lose weight. What do you mean "I don’t feel like I lost anything"? Weight loss isn't really a feeling. What was your starting weight and what is it now?
    Set up your stats in MFP, set to 1 lb per week, weigh your food on a food scale, and log everything you eat.