Snack ideas??

13»

Replies

• chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 348 Member
    Pumpkin seeds have a lot of protein and keep me full.
    I like the salty/sweet mox of cranberries and walnuts.
    I like making smoothies! 1 scoop Protein, 1/2 c milk, ice, water, 1/2 banana. Depending on the day i may omit protein or add another fruit.
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    Banana Nice Cream - it's just blended frozen bananas! It's simple. It's magic. :)
  • fitinkaholic2015
    fitinkaholic2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Raw almonds, popcorn, banana with dab of PB, jerky, and just discovered coconut chips!
  • CherFunkyPunky
    CherFunkyPunky Posts: 2 Member
    Quinoa bites from Aldi, fruit, a few slices of serrano ham, a few nuts or dried fruit, instant oats depending on what allowances are left at the time of snacking 😁
  • charlie2869
    charlie2869 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2019
    I often eat cherry tomatoes for snacks. Certain kinds are really good.
  • dasham1218
    dasham1218 Posts: 15 Member
    My go to are the Sarfento Balanced Breaks, mainly the one with banana chips, dried cranberries, dark chocolate chunks and Monterey jack cheese pieces. Only 130 cals.
  • lacwest6605
    lacwest6605 Posts: 6,922 Member
    Sugar snap peas with hummus or yogurt.
  • guil0095
    guil0095 Posts: 327 Member
    cantaloupe and cottage cheese (seriously, so good), whipped cream cheese on rye crackers, apples dipped in almond butter, frozen grapes.
  • lynnmhatcher
    lynnmhatcher Posts: 21 Member
    Checking out Keto, so hard boiled eggs, nuts, 1/4 c heavy whip cream (whipped in cup, with emulsion mixer) with stevia and vanilla and rasberries. Need to try olives and pickles.
  • ShrinkingMama2
    ShrinkingMama2 Posts: 65 Member
    I enjoy a handful of almonds, veggie straws, yogurt, rice cakes and grapes.
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Chobani flips (choco mint and key lime are among my faves), turkey deli slices, pickles, celery, edamame (not shelled), sunflower seeds, 1 cup of 2% chocolate milk.

Not all at once, though....
  • mbonacci12
    mbonacci12 Posts: 72 Member
    Red bell pepper slices with Alouette Lite garlic cheese spread.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Fresh fruit (depends what is in season/on sale)
    Cheese and meat
    Popcorn
    Yogurt
    Nuts
    Chocolate milk
    Ice cream (not often, but sometimes I get one of the really nice expensive pints. I still watch serving size though!)
    Veggies and dip
  • sharondesfor935
    sharondesfor935 Posts: 89 Member
    edited April 2019
    Are u all aware how Houmus is made ?
    It is full of Oil.

I am suprised to see so many people mentioning it.

Easy peasy to make low fat hummus at home, Theoman. One can of drained, rinsed chickpeas in a food processor with lemon juice, garlic, salt and any other seasoning or add ins you like, spin it until you like the consistency, and pop it in a Ziploc or Tupperware for up to a week. Lots of recipes online for low fat hummus. It's not quite as tasty as the real stuff with tahini, but in your stricter phases of calorie restriction it's pretty great.

I'm with Theoman, guys, fat may not be The Enemy, but it sure packs on the pounds. The easiest way for me to lose weight was to cut my fat intake dramatically for a couple of months. I'm only *slowly* reintroducing a bit more healthy fat now that I'm into maintenance (nuts and seeds, mostly, and the occasional 1/5 of an avocado; still no oil), and just today bought a can of tahini to add into hummus and dressings, but yeah, those three months taught me a lot about substitutions. And I'm just now learning to cook at the age of 58, how's that for an old dog learning a new trick?
  • chrissiecatyall
    chrissiecatyall Posts: 2 Member
    I’m a huge fan of veggies and dip. I follow a low sodium/low oxalate (LS LO) diet due to a kidney disease, so I had to give up my favorite veggie dips. I now just mix one 16 oz tub of sour cream with one heaping tablespoon of salt-free seasoning blend and let it sit in the fridge overnight. It’s great with bell peppers, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, probably tomatoes and carrots, though I haven’t tried those yet. I assume it would be an excellent chip dip, too, but I’ll never know (potatoes are very high in oxalates, so I avoid them). Fresh fruits with real, fresh mozzarella. Any cheese (though cheddar is currently my favorite) and a cup of popcorn. A quarter of a piece of naan bread with a tablespoon or two of either chicken tikka masala or chicken korma. Small mixed greens salad (snack size, not meal size) with some crumbled goat cheese and a drizzle of high-quality flavored balsamic vinegar (I only use Emerald Coast Olive Oil balsamics). Snack nachos (serving of tortilla chips topped with 1 tbsp cooked shredded chicken, 1 tbsp shredded sharp cheddar, microwaved until cheese is melted, then topped with 1 tbsp salsa or pico de gallo). That’s all I can think of for now. These might not follow your dietary needs exactly, so feel free to tweak as needed.
  • TuesdayLucero
    TuesdayLucero Posts: 85 Member
    Apple w/ PB, Celery w/ PB, Cheese stick, grapes, beef jerky, cottage cheese w/ tomatoes or pears/pineapple bits, trail mix, cheese/crackers
  • nspainter
    nspainter Posts: 1 Member
    Fav simple snack under 100 calories: sliced apple with lemon juice and Tajin spice sprinkled on. Spicy, salty, sour, sweet...delicious.