Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Snack ideas??

mariahdenson21mariahdenson21 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
in Recipes
Comment your favorite snacks!

Replies

• acpgeeacpgee Posts: 3,278Member Member Posts: 3,278Member Member
    If you need a crunchy salty fix, just discovered roasted split soybeans. The packet (bought on vacation in Vietnam) says the only ingredients are soy beans and salt.
  • littlebear0121littlebear0121 Posts: 951Member Member Posts: 951Member Member
    Canned peaches mixed with pepitas
  • lcdube01lcdube01 Posts: 20Member, Premium Member Posts: 20Member, Premium Member
    Boiled egg, carrots and hummus, sweet chilli rice cakes, fruit and natural yoghurt 😋
  • AudreyJDukeAudreyJDuke Posts: 973Member Member Posts: 973Member Member
    Almonds and pretzels
  • jsjkr03jsjkr03 Posts: 2Member, Premium Member Posts: 2Member, Premium Member
    Celery and peanut butter, almonds and dried cranberries, low cal , pre popped popcorn
  • missysippy930missysippy930 Posts: 871Member Member Posts: 871Member Member
    Turkey jerky
    Apple
    Low fat Greek yogurt
    Radishes
    Rice cake with laughing cow cheese wedge
    Raw walnuts or almonds
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 3,278Member Member Posts: 3,278Member Member
    Discovered a new snack food in the nuts section of a supermarket in Vietnam. Roasted split soy beans. The only ingredients are soy beans and salt, so no added oil. Googled and these are available in the western world too, often in health food stores.
  • JeromeBarry1JeromeBarry1 Posts: 9,884Member Member Posts: 9,884Member Member
    I've started doing keto this week, so my snacks are mostly olives, nuts and trail mix now.
  • outlandsoutlands Posts: 2Member, Premium Member Posts: 2Member, Premium Member
    Are u all aware how Houmus is made ?
    It is full of Oil.

I am suprised to see so many people mentioning it.
    It is full of Oil.

It is full of Oil.

• aokoyeaokoye Posts: 1,936Member Member Posts: 1,936Member Member
    It is full of Oil.

And oil is, in and of itself, bad? If it fits in your calorie allotment then it fits. It also has a fair amount of protein, which for a lot of people is helpful, and is very simple to make if you don't want to buy it. I'm personally don't eat a lot of hummus, but that's because I'm not a big fan of the flavor or the texture in most contexts.
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 1,936Member Member Posts: 1,936Member Member
    Applesauce - normally homemade