Why am I losing weight not inches despite lifting weights?

Options
fitnessqueen91
fitnessqueen91 Posts: 166 Member
edited April 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm losing weight, but not inches. I've started doing more weights. People say that I've lost weight and some of my clothes feel looser but why am I not really seeing a change in my measurements? I measured myself this evening naked and my hips are 42" and my waist 30.5". I think I've even gained a bit on my hips as I measured about two weeks ago and I was near 41". Can measurements also go up and down like weight? Also my thigh was previously 24", now it's 25". I'm confused. I'm losing weight as well. I weight myself on different scales which show I'm losing weight.

Replies

• Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    My weight came off everywhere but common measurement points first.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It can be hard to get the same measurement twice in a row. Be sure you're measuring in the exact same spot, keep the tape level all the way around, and not too tight or too loose.
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    If your clothes are looser you are losing inches! Congrats.

It takes time, the scales and your clothes are giving you good feedback, listen to them not the tape measure.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    It can be hard to get the same measurement twice in a row. Be sure you're measuring in the exact same spot, keep the tape level all the way around, and not too tight or too loose.

this is exactly why i never bothered with measurements... i could never get anything like similar measurements each time!