48 hour Fast

Options
2»

Replies

• jazzy19berry
    jazzy19berry Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What do you put in your mouth during a 48 hour fast?

There are lots of different kinds of fasts, so it's hard to say without more details. Water fasts, juice fasts, egg fasts. There are religious fasts that allow nothing between sunup and sundown. There are fasts for medical procedures (definitely check with your doc if this is you - they vary from procedure to procedure).

The best thing I can suggest is to decide what kind of fast you want to do first, and then follow the rules from there. One person's fast might be nothing but water while someone else gets to have jello and gingerale. Just "48 hour fast" doesn't tell us anything.

Thanks
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Wow! A simple I don't fast would have been suffice. No worries.

TBH, your question was vague, no one here can read minds. You posted a question 3 days ago and only returned to it today. What gives?

Work. Kids. Life. Other responsibilities.

Ah, gotcha.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

TBH, your question was vague, no one here can read minds. You posted a question 3 days ago and only returned to it today. What gives?

Ah, gotcha.

I am new to keto and was thinking about trying a 48 hr fast. I am determined to get this weight off and am looking at a fast as a tool.

try here http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto

or

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • jazzy19berry
    Options

Ah, gotcha.

I am new to keto and was thinking about trying a 48 hr fast. I am determined to get this weight off and am looking at a fast as a tool.

try here http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto

or

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Thanks. Appreciate it.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Ah, gotcha.

Ketoers are usually all about the water fasts (only water for 48 hours) or the egg fast (eggs, oil, and cheese in set amounts). But again, it depends on what you're looking for. They'd be very different kinds of fasts.
  • jazzy19berry
    Options

Ah, gotcha.

Ketoers are usually all about the water fasts (only water for 48 hours) or the egg fast (eggs, oil, and cheese in set amounts). But again, it depends on what you're looking for. They'd be very different kinds of fasts.

Just trying to see what others experience is with such a long fast

Thanks
  • avlucia
    avlucia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've done 24 hours and I just kept a big bottle of water in arms reach at all times. Peed a lot, like A LOT!
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school and college, I used to do a weekly 24 hour fast; water only. I did it from 6:00 pm Wednesday to 6:00 pm Thursday. I felt at the time that it helped me maintain a healthy weight and it gave me some control of my life.

A 48 hour, zero calorie fast seems dangerous and unwise. What if you get dizzy or faint while you are driving? What if your kids are in the car when this happens? What if you binge when you are done? Wouldn't that negate all the effort you put into the fast? What if all you could think about was eating? Wouldn't that take precious attention away from your family and your job?

Good luck to you, whatever you decide to do. Just be safe about it.

• echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Such ludicrous fasting discussion is a quick way to get a thread locked.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,019 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Locking a year old thread revived by a first time poster going on a 96 hour fast doesn't seem such a bad outcome......

Does anyone really think eating nothing for 4 days is a good idea? :s
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    6. Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    I WILL:
    • I will allow members to share experiences without judgment. Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found on our Eating Disorder Resources page.
    • I will understand that people have a complicated relationship with food.

I WON’T:
    • I won’t use any aspect of our service to promote anorexia, bulimia or any unsafe dieting practices.
    • I won’t promote very low-calorie diets.
    • I won’t diagnose other members.
    If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    JustSomeEm
This discussion has been closed.