48 hour Fast

Options
What do you put in your mouth during a 48 hour fast?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    What kind of fast is it and why are you doing it? People use the word "fast" for so many different things now.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I do a modified 14/10 eating window. 48 hr fasting? Well different strokes for different folks I guess. I would probably fall out. Best of luck to you.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    IMO, a fast means nothing but water or maybe other largely calorie-wise liquids (black coffee), unless it's some specific religious fast with different rules.

Fasting for weight loss or "health" or whatever is stupidly trendy at the moment, IMO, including ridiculously long and probably unhealthy fasts. That said, I don't think 48 hours is a big deal (have done them 36 hours for religious reasons, wouldn't be much different).

Why do you ask?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Why do you ask?

It doesn't seem like we're going to find out :disappointed:
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    mtnman2 wrote: »
    Check out Valter Longo, Jason Fung or Cole Robinson on youtube. There are many benefits to fasting. The first two have written books about the science behind it. There is even a fasting center called True North in CA.

Agreed

Well, how did it go?
  • jazzy19berry
    jazzy19berry Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    IMO, a fast means nothing but water or maybe other largely calorie-wise liquids (black coffee), unless it's some specific religious fast with different rules.

Fasting for weight loss or "health" or whatever is stupidly trendy at the moment, IMO, including ridiculously long and probably unhealthy fasts. That said, I don't think 48 hours is a big deal (have done them 36 hours for religious reasons, wouldn't be much different).

Why do you ask?

Curious. Researching.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    What do you put in your mouth during a 48 hour fast?

There are lots of different kinds of fasts, so it's hard to say without more details. Water fasts, juice fasts, egg fasts. There are religious fasts that allow nothing between sunup and sundown. There are fasts for medical procedures (definitely check with your doc if this is you - they vary from procedure to procedure).

The best thing I can suggest is to decide what kind of fast you want to do first, and then follow the rules from there. One person's fast might be nothing but water while someone else gets to have jello and gingerale. Just "48 hour fast" doesn't tell us anything.
This discussion has been closed.