Calorie count

Does 2700 calories seem alot for maintaining that's what it gives me that's not counting the extra calories it gives me for excercise which puts me 3500 calories if I choose to eat the extra calories which I don't sometimes. It sounds alot. I changed it to 2100 calories or should I leave it at 2700

Replies

  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,241 Member
    Oh, for pity’s sake. Stop asking the same question repeatedly in the hope that the answer will change.

    Eat at the amount MFP has given you, assuming you have entered your activity correctly and aren’t double-counting it. See what happens. Adjust over time depending on what your weight does.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,731 Member
    Yakker04 wrote: »
    Does 2700 calories seem alot for maintaining that's what it gives me that's not counting the extra calories it gives me for excercise which puts me 3500 calories if I choose to eat the extra calories which I don't sometimes. It sounds alot. I changed it to 2100 calories or should I leave it at 2700

    What do the scales do when you eat that much?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 10,847 Member
    Yakker04 wrote: »
    Up and down

    Since you're the one asking questions... you may want to invest into a few more words so that you can more fully explain whatever it is you're trying to say.

    If you're going up and down this means you're not going mostly up, and it means you're not going mostly down.

    So if you're going mostly up and down around a certain maintenance number... well you're maintaining... which
    is what people do when they maintain.

    So eat whatever makes your weight number thing sort of look like just about the same when you look at it a few weeks later....

    Some people just find it easier to use a weight trend app or web site and enter their weight in it every morning.

    Then, as long as they stay in the little green band around maintenance that most apps paint... they call it maintenance and are happy.

    Usually that band is about 2lbs up and down from their average maintenance weight (so say 1kg up or down if you think in kg).

    Nobody knows how good your logging is.
    Nobody knows how average your body is.
    All we can do is tell you what other people have done and encourage you to experiment.

    If eat within 3% of what my Fitbit and MFP say I should eat in order to maintain, I maintain.
    My logging is probably more consistent and accurate than a lot of other peoples'.
    My body is fairly average for my age.

    Until you try you will not know.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,731 Member
    Yakker04 wrote: »
    Yakker04 wrote: »
    Does 2700 calories seem alot for maintaining that's what it gives me that's not counting the extra calories it gives me for excercise which puts me 3500 calories if I choose to eat the extra calories which I don't sometimes. It sounds alot. I changed it to 2100 calories or should I leave it at 2700

    What do the scales do when you eat that much?

    Up and down

    whats the overall trend?
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,115 Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Oh, for pity’s sake. Stop asking the same question repeatedly in the hope that the answer will change.

    Eat at the amount MFP has given you, assuming you have entered your activity correctly and aren’t double-counting it. See what happens. Adjust over time depending on what your weight does.

    I think I know how it feels: there is a daily overload of advise, calculations, assumptions, ideas, comments coming from all different sides - it starts first thing in the morning with newspapers / t.v. / radio / internet / news / unwanted advertising / telling us "the latest study, the latest concerns about certain foods, the latest diet which worked for some obscure person who calls him / herself a life changer or star". I have been there - pulled from one idea to the next and it did not help my weight loss efforts at all. For a year now I stick to MFP and all those helpful members. MFP did all the necessary calculations for me, over time I found my ideal macros percentages which I / my body is happy with and I can live with very long term. Those macros give me a huge choice for my food selections - I just have to watch my portion control, prepare a simple meal plan for the next day, take it day by day, meal by meal.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 10,847 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yakker04 wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Yakker04 wrote: »
    Up and down

    Since you're the one asking questions... you may want to invest into a few more words so that you can more fully explain whatever it is you're trying to say.

    If you're going up and down this means you're not going mostly up, and it means you're not going mostly down.

    So if you're going mostly up and down around a certain maintenance number... well you're maintaining... which
    is what people do when they maintain.

    So eat whatever makes your weight number thing sort of look like just about the same when you look at it a few weeks later....

    Some people just find it easier to use a weight trend app or web site and enter their weight in it every morning.

    Then, as long as they stay in the little green band around maintenance that most apps paint... they call it maintenance and are happy.

    Usually that band is about 2lbs up and down from their average maintenance weight (so say 1kg up or down if you think in kg).

    Nobody knows how good your logging is.
    Nobody knows how average your body is.
    All we can do is tell you what other people have done and encourage you to experiment.

    If eat within 3% of what my Fitbit and MFP say I should eat in order to maintain, I maintain.
    My logging is probably more consistent and accurate than a lot of other peoples'.
    My body is fairly average for my age.

    Until you try you will not know.

    So do I stick with 2100 or go back to 2700

    What do you think you should do, and why? Why don't you lay out the alternatives you're considering and why you think one would be more appropriate than the other? Pros and cons so to speak.