SUPER-embarassing question...

Options
The good: I walked 4.35 miles this afternoon!!
The bad: I got fairly sunburned, as I forgot the sunscreen,
The embarassing: I chafed somethin' awful! Between the cheeks, if you know what I mean! :embarassed: Apparently my legs could handle the 4.35 miles, but certain other parts couldn't! :sad:

HELP! What can I do to help it feel better? I tried lotion, then had to jump in the shower to rinse it off because it burned so bad! I'm not sure what else to try! Also, what can I do next time so it doesn't happen again, and how long should I wait before walking again?

Any suggestions are much appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• HangoverSquare
    HangoverSquare Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Lotion might not be your best bet.

Try Gold Bond or some sort of medicated powder.

Make sure you have a layer of clothing between your legs while you walk, to avoid them from rubbing together, and to avoid the sweat from irritating it. You could probably walk again tomorrow; it might sting a bit, but just go easy.
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've been chafed there. And I have no idea how to make it feel better. I tried some baby powder on mine and that helped a little but not a lot.

As for the next time - what kind of panties were you wearing? I avoid cotton panties while sweating my hiney off for this reason.
  • aerodynamicvomit
    aerodynamicvomit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Baby powder.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    To prevent: Body Glide. If you can't find that, get Aquaphor.

You'll thank me.
  • nattums
    nattums Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OUCH! I don't know what'll fix it, but man, i hope you find a fix soon.

(And nicely done on the 4.35 miles!)
  • Tarheelgrl4life
    Options
    put baby powder on your inner thighs. Help keeps your legs smooth which might help the shorts and undies from riding. Hope this helps! I would give it a few days! I've done that before and I know it's not comfortable at all! Hope you feel better!
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I work health care and we use a cream thats called barrier cream but any type of like diaper rash cream should soothe it
  • adm511
    adm511 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Plain old cornstarch could be helpful.
  • gmann1973
    gmann1973 Posts: 247
    Options
    diper rash med. works great get the stuff with the zink or aloe in it
  • romade188
    romade188 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Try some a&d ointment, or desitin.. I know these are for baby butts as well, but they help with chaffed areas.. Also baby powder to keep the are dry.
  • ktbug82
    ktbug82 Posts: 166
    Options
    Maybe you should soak in a cool bath for awhile and give it some time to cool off. You might try Desitin or A&D ointment. Since I'm sure chaffing can sometimes be similar to a horrible diaper rash. Hope you feel better soon!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Olive oil should help moisturize the skin without burning. Or aloe, although that sometimes gets sticky. If you soak in an oatmeal bath, that should help the sunburn as well as the chafing. And next time, definitely use baby powder to help minimize the chafing.

That sucks, and I really hope you find some relief soon! *hugs*
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Aquaphor baby....it's for diaper rash, but we always used it in ballet, as those leotards chaffed something awful! It works great!
  • healthylts
    healthylts Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Make sure you don't have skin rubbing on skin next time. Wear pants instead of shorts. In the meantime, keep the area clean and dry.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    slather and I mean SLATHER yourself in aquafor. That's what I do when that happens...takes a few days then I'm much much better.
  • brenda_allport
    Options
    I have found that the only thing that works for me is wearing spandex, mens spandex to be exact. They are longer and cover the areas that chaff the worst. I tried powder but I sweat unbelieveably so it did no good. I hope this helps.
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    To prevent: Body Glide. If you can't find that, get Aquaphor.

You'll thank me.

^^This^^
    You could also try Vaseline. Aquaphor and Vaseline shouldn't sting at all.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    My husband gets chafed, and buys a product called, no lie, "Anti-Monkey Butt".
  • londonerin26
    londonerin26 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use monistat soothing care chafing relief on my inner thighs when I wear dresses; that would probably work for you in the future. You can buy it in the feminine section at walmart, target, etc. It's a life saver!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    there is a monistat chafing cream - it's really silky/powdery gel. otherwise - I wear shape wear or bike shorts to avoid the rub.