Options
2»

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    csplatt wrote: »
    Look up a photo of what 5 lb of fat looks like. It's amazing!

Unfortunately, many of the popular pictures of 5 lbs of fat are wrong.
    Also, someone who loses 5 pounds, even purely from fat cells, probably has lost still at least 10% of that as water, and most initial weight loss will be more water than that because some will be glycogen and water.

You're going at it from a technical perspective, but when you're as fat as I was, you really don't notice how bloat changes your shape because it's hidden under all the layers and when you haven't dieted before, it's like prema-bloat. Even water loss can make someone feel thinner and lighter.

Agreed. I started quite large and "felt it" in 2 weeks. With that said, it was quite some time after that before I felt it again but there was definitely an early impact. Everyone's mileage may vary.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    csplatt wrote: »
    Look up a photo of what 5 lb of fat looks like. It's amazing!

Unfortunately, many of the popular pictures of 5 lbs of fat are wrong.
    Also, someone who loses 5 pounds, even purely from fat cells, probably has lost still at least 10% of that as water, and most initial weight loss will be more water than that because some will be glycogen and water.

You're going at it from a technical perspective, but when you're as fat as I was, you really don't notice how bloat changes your shape because it's hidden under all the layers and when you haven't dieted before, it's like prema-bloat. Even water loss can make someone feel thinner and lighter.

Dear goodness this is so true. Bloat straight up changes the shape of my stomach now.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I can see now that's I've been all doom and gloom and forgot to mention what a hell of a ride it is. Look forward to many new experiences. When I lost enough fat from my sides, I spent several weeks grabbing the sides of my waist when I walked around the house. For the first time in my life (been obese since childhood) I discovered that core muscles move and work when you walk. I could feel them. It was breathtaking and like nothing I have ever experienced in my life. Or that time when I was rolling around with the dog on the floor and felt pain in my hip. It scared me half to death thinking I had a tumor when it was just my hip bone. I just wasn't used to my hip bones feeling like that. I was still pretty fat, just looked different enough not to recognize it as familiar. Even the small stuff like showers getting shorter because you have less area to clean. I really wish you the best.

Thank you so much... I’ve also been obese my entire life.. this isn’t as bad as I thought it would be.. it’s not as difficult not eating a bunch of junk..i allow myself but in moderation... i work at a gas station so before my lunch was like, chips or cupcakes lol.. i feel so much better day to day, and more motivated to do other things id put off before like.. spring cleaning, cleaning the car. My anxiety has improved, as well as my depression. My head feels clearer.. I feel good and I’m looking forward to seeing changes in not just my body but my overall self as well..

You have a good attitude and I have high hopes for you. It is so important to focus on what you are gaining and not food management. Your life will dramatically improve the longer you stay on the road. I am not done and my life is already so different from when I started.

For me weight loss has not felt linear. It seems like I can lose 20 pounds and not really feel any change and then the next 5-8 my pants will start falling off or suddenly the steps that winded me before are easier.

• SageJJ93
    SageJJ93 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request! :)