April Challenge: Maintainers Back on Track Thread

Options

Replies

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    @spiriteagle99 Glute pain ... I have been struggling with this too. Diagnosed as a piriformis issue (didn't even know I had one!). I am continuing to do what I do, but adding some piriformis stretches. Seems to be helping, but Doc said this can take some time to resolve.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    icemom011 wrote: »
    nowine4me wrote: »
    @jan110144 I have a thought for you, which may or may not help your exact situation, instead of adding different foods for more variety, consider simplifying your menu to a handful of quality nutritious things that are more plain. It may sound super weird, but the more variety I add, the more excited I get about food. Like a shopaholic or something. If I keep it really simple, I find it much easier to stay on track. Maybe you can get the variety you crave from a variety of fitness activities. Just a thought.

@nowine4me @jan110144
    Me too!
    Also recommended as Rule 9 in Refuse to Regain!

iaocwbbe7064.png

Ouch, those rules are so harsh! Some are sensible and easy to follow, some not so much. Numbers 8 and 10 are not attainable for me, for instance. And some of the primarian eating rules i break every day. Although i do eat what's suggested as a main diet, it's the other two parts that definitely not easy, especially nuts and sweets. It makes maintenance sound really miserable though, imo.
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Ouch, those rules are so harsh! Some are sensible and easy to follow, some not so much. Numbers 8 and 10 are not attainable for me, for instance. And some of the primarian eating rules i break every day. Although i do eat what's suggested as a main diet, it's the other two parts that definitely not easy, especially nuts and sweets. It makes maintenance sound really miserable though, imo.

It certainly doens't make the book something I would be interested in reading. Sounds closer to my initial weight loss phase... before I went looking for a better, more long term sustainable for me method, and found MFP and logging.

@icemom011
    @PAV8888
    I wasn’t recommending the book.

I do some of them & not others. Agree it’s more of a weight loss approach, but if I find my eating had gotten out of control, I will use it as my plan to get back in track.

What concerns me the most about but it’s mostly acceptable treats were artificial sugar which at least the studies I was told about it pretty bad for you, so I find it really interesting that she was recommended to folks.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I pretty much only agree with rule 12 out of the tough rules list....and totally ignore the rest but then I'm a bit of a rebel LOL too many rules just asking to be broken :smiley: - there's something about rules, we don't want to adhere to them in general :blush:

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I pretty much only agree with rule 12 out of the tough rules list....and totally ignore the rest but then I'm a bit of a rebel LOL too many rules just asking to be broken :smiley: - there's something about rules, we don't want to adhere to them in general :blush:

You little Irish Rebel you!
    @jan110144 I have a thought for you, which may or may not help your exact situation, instead of adding different foods for more variety, consider simplifying your menu to a handful of quality nutritious things that are more plain. It may sound super weird, but the more variety I add, the more excited I get about food. Like a shopaholic or something. If I keep it really simple, I find it much easier to stay on track. Maybe you can get the variety you crave from a variety of fitness activities. Just a thought.

@nowine4me @jan110144
    Me too!

iaocwbbe7064.png

It would not be a bad strategy If I were to get hurt and could not lift or exercise, but for an active person, not sustainable. Imho...
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »

@nowine4me @jan110144
    Me too!

iaocwbbe7064.png

It would not be a bad strategy If I were to get hurt and could not lift or exercise, but for an active person, not sustainable. Imho...

Idk, I'm injured right now, can't exercise, can't even walk. But i still eat oatmeal, potatoes, cookies, chocolate, nuts, pretzels, honey, yogurt, all the things from "avoid" list. Just a little less. Actually lost a few pounds already. Although i hate being in pain and not being able to do things i love, but it all comes down to CICO. I do agree though, I don't think it's sustainable long term. Except the abundance of fruit, veggies, and lower fat meat and skinless poultry advise. Serving size, that's what really matters, imo. Definitely works for me.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options

@nowine4me @jan110144
    Me too!

iaocwbbe7064.png

Idk, I'm injured right now, can't exercise, can't even walk. But i still eat oatmeal, potatoes, cookies, chocolate, nuts, pretzels, honey, yogurt, all the things from "avoid" list. Just a little less. Actually lost a few pounds already. Although i hate being in pain and not being able to do things i love, but it all comes down to CICO. I do agree though, I don't think it's sustainable long term. Except the abundance of fruit, veggies, and lower fat meat and skinless poultry advise. Serving size, that's what really matters, imo. Definitely works for me.

Yes ma'am. CICO is what it all boils down to. That's why I said "i" in the comment. What "might" work for "me", might not work for everyone. I have a well... very LARGE appetite. So, using the principles of caloric density and avoiding highly palatable in the recovery phase could be a tool in the tool box until I could recover.

Same - with large appetite, lol. Filling up on mounds of low cal veggies and salads, and moderating the rest.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    Options
    Same - with large appetite, lol. Filling up on mounds of low cal veggies and salads, and moderating the rest.

Me three! Which is why I add a lot of sugar free low calorie jello puddings and 0% yogurts to the mix... which the "rules" seem disagree with!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @middlehaitch DOMS always bring satisfaction or should that be distraction :smiley:
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    @middlehaitch you crack me up. Free Pilates seems well worth the wait. Glad you enjoyed your vacay. You sound like so much fun!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Maintained my weight for the week, I did a kitten load of yard work, not much hiking(my dog is sad), moved only one hundred pounds of rock of the tons that needs to get moved, leaving for a cruise from San Diego to Vancouver and the then from Vancouver to Alaska starting May 5th. I may be bloated when I return. LOL. I will be walking a bunch of circles top deck and a bunch of shore excursions.