SUPER-embarassing question...

Options

Replies

• nikki_1979
    Options
    Speaking from my super-fat self who has much experience with chafing..... Calmoseptine ointment. It's the most amazing thing for curing chafing and other skin problems resulting from extra weight.
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should soak in a cool bath for awhile and give it some time to cool off. You might try Desitin or A&D ointment. Since I'm sure chaffing can sometimes be similar to a horrible diaper rash. Hope you feel better soon!

Put some baking soda in that bath!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    To prevent: Body Glide. If you can't find that, get Aquaphor.

You'll thank me.

AGREEs with This^
  • millersharon
    Options
    try corn starch
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know such things could happen... that's how out of touch with exercise I am.

But WAY to go on the walk!!!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    My husband gets chafed, and buys a product called, no lie, "Anti-Monkey Butt".

Love this, but I'm not sure I could talk my husband into stopping off at the store on his way home to get it!! ;-)
  • marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    'If' you are speaking of the area I think you are, I would try sportslick to help it not rub together while it is healing. I would then continue to use that, and/or body glide to prevent it from happening in the future. I use both these products when I am running and they are GREAT! Hope you heal up fast!!
  • pjgjnfl
    pjgjnfl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should soak in a cool bath for awhile and give it some time to cool off. You might try Desitin or A&D ointment. Since I'm sure chaffing can sometimes be similar to a horrible diaper rash. Hope you feel better soon!

Put some baking soda in that bath!

And a glass of red wine!! But not in the bath, in a glass.
  • pjgjnfl
    pjgjnfl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My husband gets chafed, and buys a product called, no lie, "Anti-Monkey Butt".

Love this, but I'm not sure I could talk my husband into stopping off at the store on his way home to get it!! ;-)

It's good!!!
  • ConfidenceNMe
    Options
    I feel for you. I've had this problem before. I used medicated baby powder but try that body glide that one guy suggested- I heard that was awesome. Also, when working out, try finding a pair of tight fitting shorts that can go under your shorts. It'll help prevent the riding up sometimes and if it doesn't it'll definitely cut out the chaffing. know it may not look all that attractive, but don't worry, it's only temporary. Also, there are alot of workout clothing and attire that have special fabric swatches sewn in trouble areas like this ( and on under/ inner arms ) to help with that problem- and help the fabric from wear and tear. Hope this helps!
  • Fattienurse
    Options
    Anti-monkey butt works good at preventing chaffing but treating existing is a job for aloe vera. Time to hit the baby section for some Vit A&D ointment. If you can find it dermagran barrier cream contains a lot of zinc which really speeds up the healing more so than A&D.
  • moremari
    moremari Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well here's a suggestion I haven't seen yet... An esthetician once told me, freeze grapes slice in half and rub on the burn. Grapes contain free radicals to ward off sun damage and vit C for faster healing. Also, ice will help to stop ur skin from cooking. Yes, your skin is still cooking so cool it down ASAP. I hope it's not that bad. If you blister that's another thing. Get better soon!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I have found that the only thing that works for me is wearing spandex, mens spandex to be exact. They are longer and cover the areas that chaff the worst. I tried powder but I sweat unbelieveably so it did no good. I hope this helps.

The issue isn't the inner thighs, they're fine. It's literally IN my buttcrack between the cheeks! (Sorry, I tried to be delicate before, but it seems some may have misinterpreted!) I was wearing cotton panties, and assumed they'd be best as they "breathe" well. What type should I be wearing?

Thanks for all the suggestions, I have barrier cream and diaper rash stuff, as I'm a mother of 2! I'll try those for now!
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    A powder for sure. Gold bond maybe.
  • geri1955
    geri1955 Posts: 106
    Options
    diaper rash cream might work!! If its what Im thinking that is!!!
  • NLG139
    NLG139 Posts: 11
    Options
    Body Glide is made for that.
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Prevention: Aquaphor!!! It's the runners secret. i was told to put this every where. It also helps to minimize blisters that may appear on the feet after running long miles.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My husband religiously uses that pink container of baby powder its called " caldesene" it says its for chafing, etc. Its with the baby stuff at the store
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    aloevera gel.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Golds bond is great but if you dont have any corn startch is soothing. Corn startch is even better if refrigerated.