discouraged by weight loss

Options
Hi everyone,
I have been feeling pretty discouraged by not losing more weight then I have. I was 213.4 on march 24 and now as of today I am 210.2. I really was hoping to be shedding the weight faster, along the lines of 2lbs a week. My calorie range is set at 1300 calories, I do not exercise most days, I am trying to find the best low impact workout I can do at home. Weather has not been working out for walking. I am happy for the weight I have lost but was hoping to be way under 210 by now.
I have the 21 day fix plan and that one is telling me to eat 1900 calories a day. Am I not eating enough calories so my body burns the fat and doesn't think it is starving ?

Thanks everyone.

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,674 Member
    Options
    If you're sedentary a larger deficit could prove potentially too big. Your rate of loss seems to be ok.

because of how weight fluctuations work tracking using a trending weight app or web site might give you the best feedback as to what your weight trend is doing.

Being more active helps, of course, but nailing intake is where the game is won.

Read through the stickies in how to get a handle on logging.

Review your logs. Evaluate if things were worth (to you) the calories you spent on them, and adjust.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    How do you know you're eating 1300? Are you using a food scale and weighing your food?
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    How do you know you're eating 1300? Are you using a food scale and weighing your food?

This
  • ipodmama
    ipodmama Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am using a food scale and measuring my food and I am tracking it here.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Losing a pound a week is, I think, basically perfect. Pat yourself on the back, and keep at it!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    It’s really too early to see. You’ve only been tracking for 3 weeks. Some weeks you’ll lose a lot. Other weeks you may actually gain a little. I’d wait 6-8 weeks to recheck your average weight loss again.

I know everyone wants to lose quickly but IMO losing slowly is healthier and will also prepare you for how to maintain your weight.