Weight Watchers?

Options

Replies

• coronalime78
    coronalime78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So glad to have read this! I just canceled WW yesterday, after the freestyle program I had no success I literally lost the same few pounds over and over.. my weight loss journey looked like a heartbeat! I hope to have better success this way!!
  • springsweet
    springsweet Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm joining today, I'm excited! Maybe it can help me stay in line this weekend when I'm at the beach with my family.
    Thanks to everyone for your advice. :)
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I like it. I know a few people have said they don't like the idea of the "free" items, but I think it works. Every one is different. I've just started using MFP again to compare the points with how many calories I'm actually eating, so I will have a better understanding. I think I can get you a free month if you want to join WW.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I’ve lost 41 lbs in 8 months on WW and I’m 50 this year so it proves it works and free foods aren’t free everything in moderation
    WW works along the scientific approach not all calories at equal it encourages healthy eating
    I eat clean now and exercise more and have dropped from a uk size 20 = a US size 24 to a uk 12 - US size 8
    In just 8 months
  • size102b
    Options
    Nope - tried it for 2 weeks and quit. The group leader told me *not* to eat back any exercise points. Despite training for a half marathon (25+ miles of running a week plus strength training and whatever else). I couldn't sleep because of the very low calories I was on (I figured I was eating less than 1000 a day with the points I was allowed). The final straw was the last two days where I had already eaten all my points, all my "weekly extra points", AND ate back the exercise points and was still shaking and weak from hunger. My workouts were suffering as well.

Also, they are in it to make money. Not get people healthy. I've never understood the "free point" foods. You can absolutely overeat on those. Quick calculation - over half my calories today would be "free" on WW.

It does work I’m proof
  • size102b
    Options
    Me 8 months ago and today doing WW and exercising
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    Nope - tried it for 2 weeks and quit. The group leader told me *not* to eat back any exercise points. Despite training for a half marathon (25+ miles of running a week plus strength training and whatever else). I couldn't sleep because of the very low calories I was on (I figured I was eating less than 1000 a day with the points I was allowed). The final straw was the last two days where I had already eaten all my points, all my "weekly extra points", AND ate back the exercise points and was still shaking and weak from hunger. My workouts were suffering as well.

Also, they are in it to make money. Not get people healthy. I've never understood the "free point" foods. You can absolutely overeat on those. Quick calculation - over half my calories today would be "free" on WW.

It does work I’m proof

It didn't work *for her*.

She didn't say it wouldn't work for anyone. You can overeat zero point food, and I'm proof of that. I've been struggling ever since the switch to Smart Points/ Freestyle. WW only works for me if I double track. Connect is the only thing keeping me there.

Why are you here then? Not to argue, but out of curiosity.
  • springsweet
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I like it. I know a few people have said they don't like the idea of the "free" items, but I think it works. Every one is different. I've just started using MFP again to compare the points with how many calories I'm actually eating, so I will have a better understanding. I think I can get you a free month if you want to join WW.

Thanks - someone else offered that too but they're running a special that ends this Saturday so I went ahead and joined just now. :)

Man I hope this works for me! I want it to so badly!
  • springsweet
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Ugh. Right off the bat, WW can't "find" my lunch, where mfp found it easily. I usually eat the salad kits that are very common these days. Annoying WW can't find it. What do you do when it can't find your meal? If it can't find this, I assume it'll be pretty tough to find most of the meals I eat.

Edit: Would I just need to "create a new food" with all the nutrition facts?

Edit2: Annnnnd the app has a barcode scanner. Perfect!
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Right off the bat, WW can't "find" my lunch, where mfp found it easily. I usually eat the salad kits that are very common these days. Annoying WW can't find it. What do you do when it can't find your meal? If it can't find this, I assume it'll be pretty tough to find most of the meals I eat.

Edit: Would I just need to "create a new food" with all the nutrition facts?

Edit2: Annnnnd the app has a barcode scanner. Perfect!

In the app; enter the nutritional information for the salad kit and it will calculate the points; alternatively contact WW through “Chat”.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I've joined several times but in the end, I dreaded getting on the scales in front of everyone and the meetings didn't help me. It all depends on your local instructors. Mine were always talking about food in such childish terms. I was naughty and a really bad girl over the weekend, we ate cookies all the way home from our shopping trip but I simply used my extra points and daily points and that's when this cowgirl said Goodbye. I've never been back. I didn't learn much of anything that I can remember. I signed up for MFP that very day.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! It really comes down to what you want out of it, and for many it's the motivation that being in a group of people with similar goals. My sister-in-law was in Weight Watchers off and on. She lost weight, then gained it back when she'd take a break. Unfortunately, when they switched to the program that counts foods as "free", her calorie intake went up and she gained some weight back then, too. I've heard others have good success. I vote that you're one of those people!
  • springsweet
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    I've joined several times but in the end, I dreaded getting on the scales in front of everyone and the meetings didn't help me. It all depends on your local instructors. Mine were always talking about food in such childish terms. I was naughty and a really bad girl over the weekend, we ate cookies all the way home from our shopping trip but I simply used my extra points and daily points and that's when this cowgirl said Goodbye. I've never been back. I didn't learn much of anything that I can remember. I signed up for MFP that very day.
    Oh lord, that would drive me to quit the very first day!! I hope I have better instructors! 🤞🏼
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »

This cracked me up for all the wrong reasons, lol. But I agree, I was a guest pretty often when my mom went to WW, and sometimes there would be a weird lady that just didn't believe in moderation even though that's what WW was trying to teach, even during PointPlus, which is when my mom was doing it.
  • springsweet
    Options
    I have my first WW meeting tonight, wish me luck! I hope I have a good instructor.
    And in other good news, after my beach weekend this past weekend, I only gained .3 of a pound. I was shocked! But no complaints.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed you'll have a good experience. After I quit, I saw those instructors in the grocery store. They asked me if I was ever coming back and I said, no siree. Nuh huh. Why? I don't enjoy the scale at the registration desk and everyone looking at your digital weight while they pull out their card. I don't like feeling like the livestock headed up that chute.... I told them I could do better on my own and they gasped for air. But guess what, I can. I'll be seeing them now that winter is over. I choose to be humble when I do. Kinda sorta.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • laurieldl08
    laurieldl08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I’m doing it now. I liked WW ( doing the app) and it makes me more conscious of my choices in food. However, I’m also doing fitpal to keep track of my calories and nutrition. I have found that I’m doing a high protein and fat diet. My calories stay around 30 percent of my daily intake.
  • springsweet
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    Bump

Thanks for bumping this! :) I'm enjoying WW so far, it's worked the best for me of any "diet" I've tried in years. I'm down 7 lbs in my first 2 weeks! Thanks for all the advice. :)
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    YES I’m a Lifetime Member, I lost 45 pounds 10+ years ago and I’ve been maintaining just fine, I haven’t paid one cent ever since and what I’ve learned with WW is priceless ;)