A unhealthy vegan on a journey to health

Options
Hey guys, I'm Keira and I'm 26 years old Australian. I use to use MFP a lot back in 2013-2014. I've been vegan since May 2015. I've been off and on this health game since 2012 when I joined my first gym but I've always struggled at staying consistent. I'm currently one of the heaviest weights I've ever been at 86.8kg/191.3lb.

I've learnt a lot over the years. When I started my journey I would over exercise and try and eat 1200 calories. I now believe in eating a higher amount of calories whilst still going into a deflict, slowly building into a habit of manageable exercise, getting enough sleep, learning to deal with stress and going at a gradual speed for weight loss and not getting too caught up in the numbers and simply eating healthy food whilst still allowing room for treats. That's what my approach is going to be this time.

Would love some friends to take along on the journey and so we can encourage and inspire each other. :)

Replies

• LouisaMoss
    LouisaMoss Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Keira, I have just started using MFP again. I'd hit the heaviest I had ever been when I finally plucked up the courage to weigh myself a couple of weeks ago. I am trying to eat whole foods and have started the couch to 5k. I am having an operation at the end of June to reconstruct my torn ACL I really want to lose as much as I can before that and get fit to help with my recovery. I have swapped biscuits and cake for dates with pecan nuts and have upped my fruit intake. I've been vegetarian most of my life, was vegan for a while pre-children in the 90s and have been vegan for several years now. How are you getting on?
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Congratulations! It sounds like you have a great plan!
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You have a great start! I will send you a FR. I would also go into my friends and FR some of them because I have a very supportive and engaging group.
  • dowdybrittney
    dowdybrittney Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! We can support each other! I'm doing the keto diet. I've lost 30 lb so far from it and support from mfp friends.
  • teramae
    teramae Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, I am also a returnee, having lost 30+ lbs with MFP in the past. I am more WFPB than vegan but am in search of motivated and encouraging friends!