How many steps a day?

Options
13»

Replies

• tashanic2
    tashanic2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    firef1y72 wrote: »
    I aim for 20000 as a minimum, but 3 days a week I do over 30000 and on Sunday I did 70000 (I ran a marathon though, not a humble brag, a full on not at all humble brag)

You SHOULD brag about that!! Congrats, that's amazing!
  • bross57
    bross57 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I feel good when I exceed 8000. Last week, I was putting in about 18,000 a day for each of the five days we were at Disney World.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is set to 10k steps.

I walk 1 mile on the treadmill first thing in the morning, walk around my office building at lunch and after dinner on the treadmill again.

Rest is set to 250 steps every hour (Fitbit timer)
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I get 11,000-12,000 not including my exercise steps. I am a teacher so it is pretty easy for me. If I included my exercise it would be closer to 19,000.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    aninya wrote: »
    tashanic2 wrote: »
    this post feels like a humblebrag. :/

It's not I was simply responding that it is possible you just have to make it work

Good for you (said earnestly, not sarcastically). I understand wanting to shout it to the world, that's an outstanding number. But I'm grateful to all the other posters who showed that we can maintain fitness with much lower step counts (AnnPT77 especially).

As to me, I'm all over the map. When I'm "under the weather" which was most of the winter, it's sub 5k. When I'm feeling well it probably averages to 10k. I've only had a couple of days over 30k steps and that involved running.
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I work in a large, 10 story building.

I like to walk the halls reading documents and looking very busy when in fact I’m just getting my steps in.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get in 10,000 non-exercise steps every day. I just want to be moving. Lately, I have been reading while I walk on my work breaks. I want more movement and more reading, so I have combined the two.

xryd4ambfob1.jpg

She's getting her steps in. ;D
  • sherevans2018
    sherevans2018 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I average 8,000. I struggle to hit 10,000.
  • fuzzylop_
    fuzzylop_ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    A lot less than most. Excluding exercise, 5kish on most days.