Do you add spices/ herbs/ seasonings to your food diary?

Options
tonight i made chicken and seasoned it with black pepper, garlic powder and some McCorrmick chicken grill seasoning. I now they prob have sodium. I dont really track my sodium intake. Im more concerened with calories, carbs and sugar. So is it even worth adding to my diary. Thanks yall!

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    It's up to you. I add them, though.
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    i would add the mccormick seasoned stuff it does have calories check the back
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yes. McCormick seasoning and garlic power and pepper all have calories. It's not much but it's something. Search the database and you'll find them.
  • Movingonforbetter
    Options
    I track everything. I find it keeps you honest. I use spices all the time so why not add them
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    No :bigsmile:
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Well I don't because it seems a bit fiddly and I'm happy with an estimation. Would herbs and spices be very calorific?
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I don't, it's too much of a hassle honestly. If it's something I know has calories in it then I MIGHT but I don't really track my sodium intake either.
  • mfre3
    mfre3 Posts: 2
    Options
    I find if i get to extreme with that stuff then i become overly obsessed and crazy specific so at the end of the day before i close the entry i add at least 50calories to account for "extra" things i.e. diet drinks/spices/gum etc.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    No. I worry a little about the sodium but how many calories can a grind of black pepper have? Even fresh herbs - just too much bother and it won't make enough of a difference to be worth it. Life is too short:wink:
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do and sometimes I just put them as 10th or 20 quick added
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    If it is in a recipe I'm making I will add it to the recipe. I will also some spices if it has sodium because I do track my sodium intake.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    No. I worry a little about the sodium but how many calories can a grind of black pepper have? Even fresh herbs - just too much bother and it won't make enough of a difference to be worth it. Life is too short:wink:

This.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options

This.
    Me three. It seems silly. This isn't an exact science and it isn't enough to make a difference anyhow.
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I personally dont :/ too much of a hassle
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine anyone has had trouble losing weight because they weren't logging herbs and spices. Other than the obvious sodium, of course.
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, but damn is it tedious... is it worth it? eh... probably not...
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Nope. And honestly, the only reason I track raw spinach is to show that I ate veggies (raw spinach is super low in calories).
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'd say yes, especially the MCCormick's for the amount of sodium in it and would have calories as well.
  • scatterbunny
    Options
    I do track my spices 99% of the time (if I only add salt and pepper, then no...but anything else, yes). Spices/herbs can add up, especially as liberally as I like to use them. :D I'm also being very, very carb-conscious, and many spices/herbs have somewhat high carb counts (at least, in reference to the amount used).
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I don't add spices or seasonings unless they are really high in sodium or calories. I use a bunch of salt free seasonings and I don't add them. If I am using like a premade taco seasoning mix, etc, I will add those.