Pretty sure I cured my McDonald's habit..

Options
infamousmk
infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
I love it. For a long time I didn't realize how many calories it was, but once I started logging I dialed back my trips to McDs. I eat McDonalds about once a week still, though. I'm doing this whole 'lifestyle change' as realistically as possible - meaning that I'm going to have FF and beer and try to find a balance that works for me. I had my regular McDonalds order, knowing I was going to have a light dinner and a heavy workout this evening. But my workout about killed me. I felt sticky on the inside. I got a stomach ache! So, I'm going to seriously cut the McDonald's out for a while and see how it goes. I felt gross enough to make the decision to skip it for a while, and that's a big deal for me. I'm in the 'everything in moderation' boat, but I knew the McD's probably had to become a less-frequent thing if I wanted to see the results I'm looking for. I bet my body drops a solid two pounds next week just to prove a point.

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    yay!
  • moonflower09
    moonflower09 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Awareness is a big step! Good for you.:flowerforyou:
  • Skyoctober
    Skyoctober Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Probably more like 5...good luck!!! You can do it!!!
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    That's great! Whenever I eat McDonald's (rarely), it doesn't sit well with my stomach at all!
  • infamousmk
    Options

If I drop five pounds this week, I probably won't ever eat McDonald's again!!! lol!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Congrats, fast food is a hard one to beat! Once you do though, you never go back as it all tastes greasy and salty after you've had real food for awhile:wink:

I totally understand, awareness of the nutrition of foods is mind blowing and really does help make decisions far easier.
  • Cadenpet
    Cadenpet Posts: 79
    Options
    I understand. And very likely. My drug of choice was Diet Dr. Pepper...I dropped 11.5 lbs in the three weeks after cutting it out.
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I don't crave McDonald's any more, but my car still pulls hard to the side when we pass the drive-thru.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I used to love McDonalds, but their hamburgers taste so salty to me now. I still love their fries and sweet tea though! Moderation though :)
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I like McDonalds, especially when I'm constipated... because when I eat it, it's like the flood gates are opened. That's only happened since my lifestyle change though... haha.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I like McDonalds, especially when I'm constipated... because when I eat it, it's like the flood gates are opened. That's only happened since my lifestyle change though... haha.
    :wink: :laugh: I think we all know how that works when we've been eating healthy for awhile!:smokin:
  • moprincess76
    Options
    I and my family used to eat McDonalds alot.. UNTIL i watched " supersize me" and I cut my family back drastically... we will still stop and get a small ice cream cone.. or an occasional ice tea... but its seldom that i order food from there anymore... its so not worth it...
  • infamousmk
    Options
    I honestly wish McD's did disgusting things to my insides!! It would have made it so much easier to quit!! Maybe today was finally the day, because my stomach did hurt during the workout.

Also, salt is my BFF. I think that's why I like McDs so much.
  • shannonichole
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/04/mechanically-separated-meat-chicken-mcnugget-photo_n_749893.html

If the calorie count doesn't get you then take a look at this photo of pre-chicken nugget yumminess! :sick: (not for the weak of stomach)
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'd say you earned yourself an extra beer this weekend :drinker:
  • Skyoctober
    Skyoctober Posts: 71 Member
    Options

If I drop five pounds this week, I probably won't ever eat McDonald's again!!! lol!!

You gotta let me know in a week...I stopped ice-cream last week and lost 5 at weigh in this week!!!
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Great job! I'd say you earned yourself an extra beer this weekend :drinker:

Now there's a good compromise!!!
  • Cadenpet
    Cadenpet Posts: 79
    Options

OMG woman...wtf...why did I check out that link....sooo just gonna be short on my calories tonight because no way am I eating after that.
  • shannonichole
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/04/mechanically-separated-meat-chicken-mcnugget-photo_n_749893.html

If the calorie count doesn't get you then take a look at this photo of pre-chicken nugget yumminess! :sick: (not for the weak of stomach)

But it has to be labeled on the packaging that it's mechanically separated and Mcdonalds doesn't do that anymore (but other places do). Just fyi. It's still gross.
  • infamousmk
    Options

meh - I love meat pastes.. hot dogs are awesome, too. :D