Average weight recorded for December:165.8
    Average weight recorded for January: 167.3
    Average weight recorded for February: 167.2
    Average weight recorded for March: 166.5

Week of...
    April 6th: 164.5
    April 13th: 162.3
    April 20th: 162.2

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: A good week, again with wide, predictable swings. I'm a bit low today, as I've spent the week banking for brunch tomorrow, as well as some tasty snacks to munch on while watching the next episode of GoT.

The weather has been wacky this week, with almost summer being followed by almost winter, so I've done most of my exercise inside. Not quite as many miles as last week, but I did start the progressive overload program that I'd been meaning to do for ages. If the DOMS is any clue, it appears to be working. :lol:

Have a great week, everyone!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,207 Member
    Options
    HEAVIEST weight: 175.4 in early 2013.
    Total Weight lost: 30 pounds
    Time it took to lose: ~6 months
    How long in maintenance: Since July 2018 -- but with some fluctuation outside of goal range.
    Maintenance weight range: 142 - 148 (and not sure that's the right answer)

Average weight recorded from 2017 (12 months): 163.8
    Average weight recorded from 2018 (12 months): 150.7

Average weight recorded from January: 148.4
    Average weight recorded from February: 146.3
    Average weight recorded from March: 143.2

Average weight Week of...
    March 26 - 31: 143.2
    April 1 - 7: 143.6
    April 8 - 14: 143.1
    April 15 - 21: 143.7
    April 22 - 28:
    April 30:

Success of the week: I seem to be maintaining just a hair above my ultimate goal, but still right near the bottom of my range. My scale weight never got more than 2.2 pounds over my goal, and my ten-day average has been really stable about a half pound over that goal.

Struggle of the week: I had an all-day training that kept me sitting in an uncomfortable chair for hours without movement. The food they served wasn't what I would have chosen. I did have a few days of eating more than I should have of foods I should be more moderate with. But hey -- like I just wrote, it's all part of the journey! I'm also still trying to get some details dialed in so I can go on a river trip soon, and that cuts into time I might otherwise be active.

Overall, April still looks pretty good. Daily fluctuations are there, but they are both down AND up. But the trend suggests, at least the last couple days, I'm gaining. Who knows what will happen when I'm on Rafters Rations and won't' even be trying to make estimates. I just figure I eat about 4000 calories per day on the river.

hjd4mgbm9ruo.png

• sharondesfor935
    sharondesfor935 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    @mtaratoot Thanks so much for the pep talk. I needed it after last night. I don't mind eating extra calories when I'm hungry, that makes sense both in my head and in my gut. It was the screaming, "I WANT IT!" that scared me. I may just hold off on the pizza a bit, until I'm not so freshly into maintenance. It hadn't occurred to me that I might have trigger foods that prompt an urge to binge on crap, but I might just have stumbled across one last night.

A week ago I had my first treat night, I planned and budgeted for it, and I enjoyed it very much. I had no urge to eat junk afterward. So it's possible the strong urge to binge could be linked to the pizza itself, rather than to treating myself to a higher calorie meal. Or last night could simply have been a bad night.

Just in case, I think I'm going to avoid testing my control, by avoiding pizza again until I have a wee bit better grasp on what I can and cannot eat (along with how much and when) in order to maintain my weight.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,207 Member
    Options
    My pleasure @sharondesfor935.

Another really useful tool you can put into service is a trending weight app. Rather than post again what I've posted a few times before, you can check out a post from March where I describe them. They really help me when things don't always go right. One of them is where the graph I posted this morning came from.

Pizza is a tough one. Unless you just get a slice or are part of a group to share a pie, you end up with a bunch left over. And it sure is tasty. And it's hard.... to.... not.... have.... just... one... more.... slice. I had a deal a week or two ago when they made me the wrong slice. They gave me the wrong one to take home. I wrapped it in foil to have for lunch the next day. It got kind of mangled in my pannier on the bike ride home, but that didn't matter. If you think I saved that slice for lunch, you've got your head in the wrong place. If you think it even lasted an hour.... It was tasty. And I think that was the big spike up early April. But see how fast it moderated? Pizza is also full of salt, and that can have some temporary implications for the mass your scale reports.

We got this!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,981 Member
    Options
    Name: Stephen
    Height: 6'2"
    Total weight lost: 56 lbs.
    Time it took to lose: 1 year
    How long in maintenance: 2 years, 3 months
    Maintenance weight range: 190-195

Average weight recorded from January: 199.5
    Average weight recorded from February: 200.9
    Average weight recorded from March: 203.6

Week of...
    April 7: 205.6
    April 14: 207.6
    April 21: 209.7
    April 28:

Stephen, while I hurt for your gains, I must say I'm inspired by the fact that you post your weight faithfully, instead of hiding.

You make me want to promise that I will follow your example and post my weight every week, gain or loss. But like every step of this journey, a promise is easy, and follow through is tough. So instead of promising, I'm just going to do it. Fortitude, ho!

@stephenearllucas @sharondesfor935
    I feel exactly the same way, And also am committing to posting my average weight weekly when I’m settled into maintenance (daily until then)
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Name: Megan
    Height: 5’ 4.5”
    Total weight lost: ~92 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 11 months
    How long in maintenance: trying for 6 weeks, still losing a little
    Maintenance weight range: 140 +-5

Average recorded weight for December: 159
    Average recorded weight for January: 151
    Average recorded weight for February: 146
    Average recorded weight for March: 140

Week of...
    April 7: 138.3
    April 14: 137.6
    April 21: 135.6

Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: This weekend I had a wedding reception, a Seder, and an Easter dinner. Three big meals with hors d’oeuvres, drinks, and desserts! Right now when I’m trying to figure out maintenance calories and not overshoot them, it’s been stressful to have such a lot of social events in the same three-day span. I definitely made good choices and planned and enjoyed, but I felt so anxious about it on Saturday that I had to leave a little get-together early. I hop on the scale today (4/22, Monday) and I’ve literally lost weight, when I thought the crazy delicious dessert I had yesterday was gonna put me way over! I really had to talk myself down, though, and I think I’m still losing because I’m a little scared of eating all my maintenance calories and having an unexpected event that I can’t enjoy. Definitely something I will work on with my therapist next week.