I need friends on here so i can stop binge eating

Options
2kxlj8eartez.jpg
I wanna be able to get past this plateau...i lost about 30 lbs pretty quickly and now im struggling most days to lose more weight and mt weight stays the same because i do eat better for the most part but then i will binge at nighttime. 😪😪😪😪

Replies

• keonwlsn
    keonwlsn Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yes I understand and we here to help.
  • kathheen
    kathheen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could try going for a walk or the gym so you have dinner later then you might not want to binge later at night. Or get up early for a run then you are tired at night and have an early night, you cant eat if you are sleeping :D . Its so difficult i to can snack in between meals i get frustrated at my lack of self control.
    Maybe look for clubs or visit friends some nights to distract you
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    You "struggle to lose weight most days"?

Nobody's scale weight drops every day. And it definitely shouldn't.

How many calories are you eating daily?
  • Rockin_reese
    Rockin_reese Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I BE a lot too. Disorder plus home alone equals worsened situation.
  • Fitleny
    Fitleny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im with the same problem over here!
  • ColdTurkeyplus1
    ColdTurkeyplus1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Friends on here aren't going to help you to stop 'binge' eating. It starts with you. You either want it or you don't. Sorry about being too honest here.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Read “brain over binge.” It is excellent.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I ask myself do you want to feel sad, guilty and disappointed when you step on those scales in the morning? This has stopped my binge eating.
  • WC1982
    WC1982 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    When you start to grab what ever your about to binge eat on, take a minute to think do I really need this and think about all the work you have already put in. Nothing worth accomplishing comes easy
  • carsforsalebklyn
    carsforsalebklyn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    As you can see from the responses your definitely not the only one as I’m guilty of this myself. And usually it winds up being the not healthy type either 😩. What I’ve been doing is going to the gym in the evenings since my two biggest meals are before and afterwards. I’ll usually eat some kind of protein and crabs like an hour before I go. Then around 7 I will hit the gym. By the time I finish and then I eat my biggest meal with protein and carbs again it’s almost 9 pm this way I dont feel hungry around bed time which is around the time when I start to make bad food choices. lol
    Just in case I do get hungry I always have FAGE plain Greek yougurt in the fridge I’ll have that and drink a few glasses of water I’m good to get to bed. Add me can use some friends on here
  • Opalprincess99
    Opalprincess99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    As you can see from the responses your definitely not the only one as I’m guilty of this myself. And usually it winds up being the not healthy type either 😩. What I’ve been doing is going to the gym in the evenings since my two biggest meals are before and afterwards. I’ll usually eat some kind of protein and crabs like an hour before I go. Then around 7 I will hit the gym. By the time I finish and then I eat my biggest meal with protein and carbs again it’s almost 9 pm this way I dont feel hungry around bed time which is around the time when I start to make bad food choices. lol
    Just in case I do get hungry I always have FAGE plain Greek yougurt in the fridge I’ll have that and drink a few glasses of water I’m good to get to bed. Add me can use some friends on here

That's pretty similar to what I have done lately! Except I got chobani from costco ! 😅 all about willpower somedays are better than others
  • nocgirl72
    nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am also a binge eater. I was so bad Sunday it was a wakeup call.

I need to stop doing it and have decided to eat between the hours of 11-7 only. I get a 16 hr fast in. I write down my daily goals in the morning on my dresser. Eat only between 11-7, stay under 1200 calories, drink lots of water, walk laps around my building at work, work out after work.

Lots of luck to us!
  • yatesgalew58
    yatesgalew58 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also need the help to maybe we can help each other out
  • vermontrebecca6929
    vermontrebecca6929 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Definitely a bedtime binger. My friend recommended making hot herbal tea at dinner. My roommate suggested brushing teeth right after dinner. I sometimes write down what I am grateful for. I am trying to sub in something else that feels like a reward so started using peppermint foot lotion for end of day massage. Uses my hands so i cant eat & takes time when cravings start. Def pick something that makes you feel good about yourself rather than berating yourself. We need less harsh self-talk and more self-love & compassion.
  • lizbets13
    lizbets13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You're not alone in that struggle!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    As PAV indicates above, the usage of the term binge can vary greatly amongst individuals and the advice is going to depend on the context. Often times people use the word to mean “I overindulged on a (perceived) bad food”. The experiences of someone with Binge Eating Disorder are going to be vastly different. If you can provide some context of your experiences - what type of foods, what do you consider to be a binge, and any particular triggers you may think could be contributing, that would be helpful for people to give the right type of advice.
  • Orphia
    Options
    nocgirl72 wrote: »
    I am also a binge eater. I was so bad Sunday it was a wakeup call.

I need to stop doing it and have decided to eat between the hours of 11-7 only. I get a 16 hr fast in. I write down my daily goals in the morning on my dresser. Eat only between 11-7, stay under 1200 calories, drink lots of water, walk laps around my building at work, work out after work.

Lots of luck to us!

@nocgirl72 Please don't eat under 1200 calories. :disappointed:

And I'll add, please eat back exercise calories too.

• Orphia
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    There are multiple types of "binge eating".

From what many of us have called binges, to the binges experienced by people with Binge Eating Disorder.

One of the most common reason for binges is aggressive caloric restriction leading to a restrict-binge cycle.

And the leaner the person is, the bigger the deficit, and the larger and faster the previous weight loss, the stronger the restrict-binge response.

Strong suggestion is extended eating at maintenance till symptoms resolve or external, real life, counselling if an ED is suspected.

This is so true.

Please everyone read this and think about it.

To put it in simpler terms, crash dieting and eating too little ends up messing with your metabolism and usually causes yo-yo weight gain or eating disorders.

What too many people think of "being healthy" they believe means starving themselves on kale smoothies and eating far less than they used to, and also on top of that, not eating enough to fuel the additional energy they burn exercising a lot more too. (Somewhat like burning the candle at both ends.)

"Eat less move more" is far too extreme and leads to a lot of confusion.