Fasting Mimicking Diet

2»

Replies

• hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Okay, I found a YouTube promotional video.

They send a box with powdered soups and/or "nutrition" (nut) bars and small packets of olives, tea, and a "supplement" and you have to eat ONLY that for five days? It's powdered soup, tiny packets of oil and some sort of bars (?) UP TO 800 calories on Day Three...uh, no.

Ha.

It's Longo. I should have known.

They say, "We've taken the thinking out of it for you."

Yeah. Ya think? :lol:

I see a whole bunch of problems with this diet, but wanted to comment on the bolded above.

OP - if you don't have to think, then how are you going to maintain. I know that most people assume they will maintain, but only a small % actually do.

Learn good habits. Permanent changes come from figuring out what needs to change.
    [/quot

I have been maintaining for years! Read the science behind it to learn more. The kit is just an expensive tool to use or simply DYI following the chart given to hit the macros and nutrients required. My skin was glowing, my tummy was super flat after following this approach and I felt great.

This is not mainly for weight loss, the science behind it is amazing to me.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Okay, I found a YouTube promotional video.

They send a box with powdered soups and/or "nutrition" (nut) bars and small packets of olives, tea, and a "supplement" and you have to eat ONLY that for five days? It's powdered soup, tiny packets of oil and some sort of bars (?) UP TO 800 calories on Day Three...uh, no.

Ha.

It's Longo. I should have known.

They say, "We've taken the thinking out of it for you."

Yeah. Ya think? :lol:

I see a whole bunch of problems with this diet, but wanted to comment on the bolded above.

OP - if you don't have to think, then how are you going to maintain. I know that most people assume they will maintain, but only a small % actually do.

Learn good habits. Permanent changes come from figuring out what needs to change.
    [/quot

I have been maintaining for years! Read the science behind it to learn more. The kit is just an expensive tool to use or simply DYI following the chart given to hit the macros and nutrients required. My skin was glowing, my tummy was super flat after following this approach and I felt great.

This is not mainly for weight loss, the science behind it is amazing to me.

Your tummy is flat due to genetics, not supplements or food choices.

I can guarantee the "science" behind this is junk science, or just as bad my results were x, y, and z......I know, I know "I have to read the book".............if this is truely a magic bullet, people wouldn't have to ask what this is, because they would already know.

If you've been maintaining for years, why are you here? Are you trying to pump up sales.....do you get a commission?

1- You should read the book.
    2 - MFP is used to lose weight,maintain and gain.
    3 - Making assumptions without having facts is a waste of energy and time.

Thank you for your negative support keep up the good work. LOL..and Happy Earth Day!
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    So the main goal for me is longevity/detox/health boost from within, if you read about the Longo approach you may look at it from a different perspective. It is a specific combination of all 3 macros and low calories for 5 days to repair/generate new cells in your body and to be repeated once a month for 3 or 4 months in a row. The kit is SUPER expensive, it is an easier way to hit the macros and calories allowed, supplementing with nutrients to make the transition smoother without having to think about it but I would not buy it. I have done it on my own and felt great after 5 days. I like very much the science behind it and losing a few pounds is a plus. Let's' say you are on your last 5lbs to hit goal and it seems super difficult to lose this will help you do that. It did it for me. I just wanted to hear from people who did it and how they felt.

Uh...your body is generating new cells all the time. That's, what it's designed to do. That's one of the many reasons you're supposed to feed yourself adequately, so your body can do all its' processes like making new cells. Does Longo explain that science in this waste of money called a book?

Also does he explain what exactly your body is detoxing from that your liver and kidneys and lungs aren't already getting rid of? Is it supposed to be able to mimic chelation therapy or dialysis or something?