Why am I not loosing weight

Options
So I’ve been the same weight now for months 9st 4. I’ve tried every diet possible even fad and it may alter a little but then just goes back to the same weight. I’ve tried everything I can think off. I don’t eat to much because I’m on slimming world but even tho I’m eating healthier and lots of fruit I still don’t seem to be going down. I’m going to try and increase my water intake and exercise more but is there any other advice I can have. I’m very unhappy with my weight and body atm

Replies

• kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Do you log your food? Do you weigh/measure your food? Drink water, water and more water? Stop thinking of it as a diet. It is a lifestyle of healthy choices and exercise.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    If your weight is exactly the same and you're weighing yourself at home, try changing the battery on your scale. Your weight should be different every day.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary or share what you eat in a typical day? There really is no magic diet that will help you to lose weight, at the end of the day, you just need to eat less than you burn. I'm not familiar with Slimming World, is that a pill or something?
  • melw2910
    melw2910 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Can I ask how tall are you?
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I agree that it sounds like you aren't counting your calories. I would weigh and log everything you are eating to get a clear picture of what's going on. It also sounds like you are bouncing from diet to diet and not giving it enough time. A slow steady lower calorie diet will help you if you are patient. At your weight (130 lbs) unless you are under 5 feet tall you are not greatly overweight so you will have to expect your weight to go down incredibly slowly like less than half a pound a week. Be patient and weigh everything that crosses your lips.
  • izahniz82
    izahniz82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was so convinced at KETO diet by calorie deficit & carb cutting..because I desperately need to lose weight for my work. I tried it for a month while I was still at my job. I dropped 4kg. After that I astrayed & ate out of that diet (but conciously eating & remembered what I ate & regulary weigh myself so I will try decrease the next day after heavy eating) & I increased 2 kg...Now I try keto diet again...but is SO HARD...because I am nt working anymore & the temptation & access to food is a challenge & distraction.. Now I try to eat balanced, well & the more I eat, the mre I exercise..and conciously try to reduce the weight the very next day. And i believe we have to be happy & not stressed..
  • RovP6
    RovP6 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    cqbkaju wrote: »
    @RovP6

No woman is going to gain enough muscle to offset body fat loss, ounce for ounce, without thousands of dollars worth of PEDs and hours of dedication in the gym -and diet- each day.
    Nor will a man for that matter, unless maybe he is genetically gifted. It just doesn't work that way.

It is much harder to build muscle than to burn fat.

If her weight is not going down then she is eating more than she should to lose body fat.
    That is about all there is to it.

The math isn't exact and there are many variables, but CICO is pretty simple.

Yeah I figured as much, just covering all the variables and getting all the facts. Agree that CICO is simple :)