Need help..

Options
My first day back.. and I need snack and exercise ideas please and thank you!

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Fruits, fresh cut veggies, nuts - all great nutrient dense snack options

For workouts - start by finding something you enjoy that gets you more active
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I tend to go with dairy for snack because fruits and veggies all the time is boring. Greek yogurt is one of my favorites. I had to teach myself to like it but I love it now. I find it quite filling and of course it is heavy on protein. Also frequently go for light string cheese or babybels (50 cal for each). For something a little different I will occasionally take a taco-size tortilla (60-80 cal depending on brand), spread a laughing cow cheese wedge over it and roll it up.

This may sound odd but I am also a big fan of pickles for snack since they are super low calorie (just brined cucumber) but have a lot of flavor and dont feel like just eating veggies. If I DO go with a veggie snack I usually have some sort of dip with it like hummus or tzatziki so there is more exciting flavor.
  • Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I love baby carrots as a snack. Crunchy and sweet and I dip them in a little zesty lime Italian dressing.

I also enjoy home made trail mix: sweetened dried cranberries mixed with pumpkin seed kernels (roasted and salted) and dark chocolate chipits. It contains a good serving of protein, healthy fat, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.

For exercise, find something you can enjoy. I personally "water walk": In chest high water at the local pool 6 times a week. Water walking ensures there is resistance in the walking and I combine it with aquabells (barbells for the water) for upper body resistance. Because you are virtually weightless, it is very easy on the joints and I can even do it when I am injured. It became a social activity too because I have met and chat with various "regulars" when I attend. The hot tub at the end of the session is marvelous!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    Eat the food you like and log it. Look at the calories and stay within your goal. I found that snacks and meals which contained Protein, Fat and Carbs to be the best bet. So you'll have to experiment a bit.

As far as exercise, same answer. Find something you love. Doesn't matter what it is, but find it. I do a lot of hiking or just general walking on the hills around my home. Just being outdoors is magical.
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Snack and exercise ideas?

Do you not know what snacks or exercises are?

• sdewey415
    sdewey415 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    For snacks, occasionally I have fruit and veggies. I also have my pantry full of fiber one bars, Quaker granola bars, 100 calorie snack packs, and trail mix(although you have to be careful not to go overboard with this.). I try to keep all of my snacks around 100 calories.

For exercise on my days off I strength train for about 30 minutes with my set of 10lb dumbbells or go on walks.

Good luck!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, jerky, nuts, piece of fruit or some berries. For exercise, walking is free and you can do it anywhere.

Really, just eat what you like and move more. Stay at your calorie deficit.
  • Cmachuca39
    Cmachuca39 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    TribeHokie wrote: »
    I tend to go with dairy for snack because fruits and veggies all the time is boring. Greek yogurt is one of my favorites. I had to teach myself to like it but I love it now. I find it quite filling and of course it is heavy on protein. Also frequently go for light string cheese or babybels (50 cal for each). For something a little different I will occasionally take a taco-size tortilla (60-80 cal depending on brand), spread a laughing cow cheese wedge over it and roll it up.

This may sound odd but I am also a big fan of pickles for snack since they are super low calorie (just brined cucumber) but have a lot of flavor and dont feel like just eating veggies. If I DO go with a veggie snack I usually have some sort of dip with it like hummus or tzatziki so there is more exciting flavor.

Thank you those sound like great snack ideas!
  • Cmachuca39
    Options
    echmain3 wrote: »
    Snack and exercise ideas?

Do you not know what snacks or exercises are?

A question with a question... great idea!
  • Cmachuca39
    Options
    sdewey415 wrote: »
    For snacks, occasionally I have fruit and veggies. I also have my pantry full of fiber one bars, Quaker granola bars, 100 calorie snack packs, and trail mix(although you have to be careful not to go overboard with this.). I try to keep all of my snacks around 100 calories.

For exercise on my days off I strength train for about 30 minutes with my set of 10lb dumbbells or go on walks.

Good luck!

Thank you!
  • Cmachuca39
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, jerky, nuts, piece of fruit or some berries. For exercise, walking is free and you can do it anywhere.

Really, just eat what you like and move more. Stay at your calorie deficit.

Jerky is something I never thought about and enjoy! Thank you!
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks. I love the crunch, a little saltiness, and you can eat a lot of volume for not too much calories. You can also buy individual-serving size bags now or the pre-popped airpopped stuff to help you control calories/portion with it.

I also like pickles like someone said above. And of course fruit.
  • Cmachuca39
    Options
    Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks. I love the crunch, a little saltiness, and you can eat a lot of volume for not too much calories. You can also buy individual-serving size bags now or the pre-popped airpopped stuff to help you control calories/portion with it.

I also like pickles like someone said above. And of course fruit.

Yes! I completely forgot popcorn!!
    Thank you!