What I eat to stay fit?

Options

Replies

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    Well...I think those boxes are bright and colorful. I bet they look really pretty in your cabinet.

Those waffles however...they are on the dark side. I can't be eating any burnt waffles. I did oatmeal and pumpkin waffles this past weekend. They turned out a really nice pretty color of desert orange.

Looks like he added something to the batter, probably protein powder
  • dukeingram
    dukeingram Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well...I think those boxes are bright and colorful. I bet they look really pretty in your cabinet.

Those waffles however...they are on the dark side. I can't be eating any burnt waffles. I did oatmeal and pumpkin waffles this past weekend. They turned out a really nice pretty color of desert orange.

The waffle are not burnt. I added special dark chocolate cocoa and Nutrex Muscle Infusion Advanced Chocolate Protein to the waffle mix. I only eat waffles when I plan to run 10 or more miles the next morning.
  • dukeingram
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »

Looks like he added something to the batter, probably protein powder

Yes a protein powder and special dark chocolate cocoa.
  • dukeingram
    Options
    Im also a weekend Vegan. Starting off slow. But I'll never give up chicken.

mmzsb28s14hh.jpeg
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    dukeingram wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Just FYI, how you look doesn't say anything about your health or even necessarily how nutritious your diet is.

Luckily, you don't have to eat a lot of branded protein products or calorie free dressings to be healthy or to stay fit. But if that's working for you and you can afford it, that's great!

Very true. How a person look doesn't doesn't indicates one's health. Fortunately I'm very healthy and happy at 40 years old. I like being fit. My diet and fitness routine is working for me.

I suspect this would have gone a bit differently had the title of this thread and the content of your first post hadn't conflated diet with fitness. I think this is the first post where it's at all apparent that you think that fitness ≠ diet.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    You certainly look great. If you and your doctor are happy with your health, then keep doing what you are doing! I'm a huge fan of meal replacement bars and shakes for part of my daily calories. I eat them for breakfast and/or lunch but I usually have a more traditional dinner. It's working for me right now, so I'm going to stick with it.

Your way is not the only way to eat, but it is one option that happens to be working well for you. Congratulations!!

• corysmithsmail
    corysmithsmail Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Chelle8070 wrote: »
    dukeingram wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Those quest products are so good, plus you get the perks of getting your protein in.

The Quest bars keeps me from wanting or eating junk snacks.

Except they're candy with protein... so they are a junk snack... just with protein.

Also - ONE bars taste much, MUCH better ;)

Second, third-ing, and fourth-ing what everyone is saying. But also.

Heard someone on a show say that protein bars are just candy bars in gym clothes. LOL But whole foods is where you should be getting most of your nutrition from. Not quick fixes like pre-made frozen food, or bars. I bet you (the O.P) would feel more satisfied too!
  • dukeingram
    Options
    Looks like it .should be under the sponsored post banner.

If I was being sponsored by Quest, I would have said go out and buy the protein bars. And I would be using my Instagram and Facebook page to do it, not here.I posted a sample of what I eat. Simple as that.

• dukeingram
    Options
    You certainly look great. If you and your doctor are happy with your health, then keep doing what you are doing! I'm a huge fan of meal replacement bars and shakes for part of my daily calories. I eat them for breakfast and/or lunch but I usually have a more traditional dinner. It's working for me right now, so I'm going to stick with it.

Your way is not the only way to eat, but it is one option that happens to be working well for you. Congratulations!!

Thank you!