April Challenge: Maintainers Back on Track Thread

Replies

• swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    @baconslave, I can so relate! I have to accept the idea that it’s going to take a while to get my weight back down. It was a lot more exciting the last time! And I am dodging occasions that inevitably come up where we are celebrating something. My new strategy is to take my piece of cake home, being gracious, but too full, and giving it to my husband.
    Love the face!! It’s mine, today, too!!! Thanks for the laugh!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    swim777 wrote: »
    @baconslave, I can so relate! I have to accept the idea that it’s going to take a while to get my weight back down. It was a lot more exciting the last time! And I am dodging occasions that inevitably come up where we are celebrating something. My new strategy is to take my piece of cake home, being gracious, but too full, and giving it to my husband.
    Love the face!! It’s mine, today, too!!! Thanks for the laugh!

I'm not surprised or anything, since the last 15lb took over 6 months to lose to begin with. It's still an unpleasant and prolonged effort. I do hope it doesn't take 6 months to get this off. Geez. It did not take that long to put it on. :unamused:

I'm not sure how much the of face was the restriction-face or the Monday-face. But it was Monday ALL DAY YESTERDAY. :scream:

That's a great strategy, btw. Except for me it's my ravenous kids that make the cake disappear for me.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    So far I'm doing really badly at staying within my limit. Usually I'm over by 200-400 calories. Eating pie from Easter doesn't help, but it's not the whole problem. I have been doing some running, with mixed success. Yesterday my legs didn't hurt for most of the run, which was a huge win, but I had a hard time breathing because of allergies and wind so it generally sucked. I need to get my exercise back to normal but motivation is lacking when it either hurts or I can't get any air. I went to a PT but he wasn't much help with the hamstrings. Graston felt good, but I can't afford to go back regularly since my insurance copay is so high and the effects didn't last.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    nikkit321 wrote: »
    Name: Nikki321
    How long in maintenance: 3 years
    Goal maintenance range: 140-145
    Current weight: 158
    Current goal: lose 1/2 lb a week
    Recent success: I ran 13 treadmill miles a couple weeks ago!

My maintenance journey has been full of gains and losses. In 2015 I broke my foot. It healed. I broke it again. 2016 was a long, stressful year of breast cancer, radiation, and lost my father. Broke my leg in May 2018 and so far this year has been a long, stressful contractor saga. Hello, my name is Nikki, and I'm a stress eater. I really want to get back to 140 and have a maintenance strategy to stay there this time, and I think this thread will help.

Have you checked your bone density? That seems like a lot of broken bones.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    jan110144 wrote: »
    How long in Maintenance - only 3 months
    Goal maintenance range - 130 - 135
    Current weight - 133.8

After a couple of rough weeks, I'm back in the middle of my maintenance range, but still 1.8 above where I am most comfortable. Have been focusing on food this week and will add back some more pool and gym time next week.

Too early to celebrate, but the trend is starting to move in the right direction again.

@jan110144
    Everything I read says to give the beginning of maintenance some time, as our bodies adjust. You are doing GREAT!

I know you & I know you will conquer this just as you did your weight loss. You constantly inspire me❣️

I am just beginning maintenance & I hope you will remind me of the above when Things go differently than I expected.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,195 Member
    jan110144 wrote: »

I am just beginning maintenance & I hope you will remind me of the above when Things go differently than I expected.

Thanks for the encouragement! I found the weight loss phase relatively easy. Have just been surprised that maintenance has been such a challenge. I think I am struggling most with failed expectations! :smiley:
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    idabest777 wrote: »
    How long in maintenance: 3 years
    Goal maintenance range: 122-127
    Current weight: 130
    Current goal: Get back to around 125
    Recent success: Changed my batteries in my scale in January and realized that I was actually 5 lbs heavier than I realized, putting me at 132. It was surprising at the time but made sense after thing about it, I had started a new job in November that messed up my routine a bit, kind of felt like I was slacking with my eating/fitness during the transition but the scale was staying at 127 so I was just blindly trusting that. So, recent success is that I've lost 2 of those extra 5lbs, even if it's at a ridiculously slow pace. I've dropped down into the 128's a few time but this week has all been around 130 unfortunately.

Working on trusting the process again and actually making sure I get in at least my 3 runs a week. My 10km run is about 7 minutes slower now than it was a couple years ago so I'd like to try and get back to that pace.

So much of this resonates - I’m around 130lbs and literally have the same maintenance goal and range. I started a new job in June, but moved closer to the job at the end of October - totally screwed up all my routines, similar to you. Finally, I’m a runner, struggling with facing slower times than I would prefer based on previous successes. Wow... so much in common! Good luck to both of us!