Your favorite food / snack you HAVE to have everyday?

Options
Today I had a bit of a super yummy day but of course it was healthy. (My diary is open to view.) I'm starting to really love eating much healthier.. I hardly ever think about fast food or white carbs anymore! If I ever have a craving for something towards the "junk" don't get me wrong, I'll have a cheat meal once in a while. Can't be too hard on yourself people!! All your hard work is earned :)

So MFP..... What's your HEALTHY favorite food / snack / condiment you just have to.. haaave everyday?

Lol mine is ALMOND BUTTER!! :) I swear it's logged a couple times in my diary everyday haha :) trader joes raw unsalted almond butter is so good, healthy & addicting. And I never feel guilty having "too much" of it as long as my calories aren't over!

***Other favorites are....
- Kashi Go Lean with almond milk
- Quaker Weight Control Maple & Brown Sugar oatmeal
- Trader Joes multigrain mini pita bite crackers with flax seed
- Sara Lee 45 cals per slice whole grain / wheat bread
- Trader Joes Pineapple Salsa
- Strawberries!! Lol
- Ezekiel bread

Replies

• bens_mommy
    bens_mommy Posts: 219
    Options
    I looove reduced-fat Triscuits with home made guacamole. Whenever I'm craving junk food, that'll do the trick. Not to mention, anything that functions as a carrier for guacamole can't be a bad thing!
  • crikee15
    crikee15 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Lucerne (Safeway brand) 2% Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar sticks....I swear they're addicting
  • momocurti
    momocurti Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just finished my daily bowl of raisin bran with soy milk. Better than any dessert :) And I can eat it any time of day LOL
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have to have my oatmeal EVERYDAY! lol! Love it.
  • banjjo
    banjjo Posts: 89
    Options
    I love almond butter too! It's one of the best things ever. My only problem is, it is one of those things I have a hard time not eating too much of so I don't buy it often. I love having zone bars. They are protein bar but they are like a treat to me. Plus greek yogurt with peanut butter mixed in it. Yummy.
  • abouthealth56
    abouthealth56 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    blueberry/banana smoothie, medjool dates, raw almond butter on sprouted bread
  • altitudedistract
    Options
    avocado with salt and cilantro and lime juice, yummy!
  • Jsnbabb1
    Jsnbabb1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i have two ...must haves,
    dark chocolate almond butter and
    dannon greek yogurt-blueberry-fruit on the bottom
  • DKelly1983
    Options
    Not something I have to have everyday, although I could eat it everyday....a big bowl of sliced cucumber and (chunky) sliced tomato with a little salt and cubed cheese. It's DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! It has taken the place of alot of junk food options. Sometimes I'll cook a couple slices of bacon and crumble it on top.
  • missa1982
    Options
    My morning brekkie, it's my favoutite meal of the day. I have All-bran mixed with small amounts of sultanas, sunflowers seeds, pumkin seeds, linseeds and milk.
  • abouthealth56
    abouthealth56 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    we don't have Trader Joe's here. We have Whole Foods. I've heard Trader Joe's is great & that it may be coming to Texas.:happy:
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    Grapes or Cherry tomatoes...love them!
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Not something I have to have everyday, although I could eat it everyday....a big bowl of sliced cucumber and (chunky) sliced tomato with a little salt and cubed cheese. It's DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! It has taken the place of alot of junk food options. Sometimes I'll cook a couple slices of bacon and crumble it on top.

That sounds delicious!
  • retrojunk
    retrojunk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fiber 1 100 calorie granola bars and Oikos Greek ougurt with honey on the bottom. Can't live without either :)
  • aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    I have to have my oatmeal EVERYDAY! lol! Love it.

me too!!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes! I love them! I put them on everything, sandwiches to salads to omelets to pasta to just plain! Plus they are juicy so I usually don't have to use a dressing on as many things because of the juiciness of the tomatoes!

Also- hummus. I love it! I use it instead of mayo on wraps and sandwiches. Also, with carrots as a snack. It takes the place of chips and dip and is WAY tastier!
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    I have the same exact breakfast everyday - one whole wheat Thomas english muffin with 2T of Bell Plantation peanut butter = 165 cals, ate on the way to work. Around 10am I typically have a pear or apple...

The peanut butter is SO money at just 45 cals per 2T. My favorite and so versitile: sometimes I will mix it with 1T lite Hershey syrup, put it on banana slices and freeze it all for a dessert.

Did I mention I love BP peanut butter? LOL
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    I also always have bell peppers on hand as they so low cal and are great for breakfast (with eggs), lunch (salad) or dinner (lean meats....)
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I have the same exact breakfast everyday - one whole wheat Thomas english muffin with 2T of Bell Plantation peanut butter = 165 cals, ate on the way to work. Around 10am I typically have a pear or apple...

The peanut butter is SO money at just 45 cals per 2T. My favorite and so versitile: sometimes I will mix it with 1T lite Hershey syrup, put it on banana slices and freeze it all for a dessert.

Did I mention I love BP peanut butter? LOL

WOW the pb and chocolate bananas sound DELISH! I might have to try that since I am not good at finding low cal/low fat desserts!! Thanks!
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% Plain Yogurt, Vanilla Whey Protein and Chopped Pecans. Yummmmm