Ideas for low sugar desserts!

Options
ZaraM56
ZaraM56 Posts: 7 Member
edited April 2019 in Recipes
Was looking for some ideas for low sugar desserts that I can make it home instead of buying store bought ones. If anyone has any ideas I appreciate it very much. Thank you in advance!!

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I made apple crisp last night.

5 apples
    4 tbsp butter
    2 tbsp sugar
    1 tbsp cinnamon (give or take)
    2 tbsp lemon juice (give or take, I used half a lemon)
    1 crumbled up matzo
    2/3 cup matzo meal (the matzo and matzo meal could easily be substituted for oats - I typically make it with oats)

Preheat an oven to 350F
    Melt 3 tbsp of butter and mix them with the matzo. Add enough water to form a pebble like texture.
    Slice the apples and mix them with 1 tbsp of sugar, the cinnamon, and the lemon juice. Pour these in a glass baking dish.
    Top the apples with the matzo. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35-40 minutes. You should see juice from the apples in the bottom of the dish. While the apples are baking cut the last 1 tbsp of butter into small pieces. Take the apples out of the oven and sprinkle the matzo crust with 1 tbsp of sugar. Dot the crust with butter and put back into the oven for 5-10 min uncovered.
    Take out and allow to cool.
    ---

That could also probably be really good with blackberries/boysenberries/marionberries. I also made an flourless chocolate cake that wasn't especially sweet. It had 1.25 cups of sugar and served 8 or 9 people. Obviously way more sugar that the crisp I listed above, but far less than your average frosted cake.
  • ZaraM56
    ZaraM56 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks @just_Tomek! ๐Ÿ˜ @aokoye! Thanks for the recipe. ๐Ÿ˜
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello is very low calorie.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Was looking for some ideas for low sugar desserts that I can make it home instead of buying store bought ones. If anyone has any ideas I appreciate it very much. Thank you in advance!!

Best end to a meal is cheese and fruit (yes, you do get sugar from the fruit)
  • ldrag07444
    ldrag07444 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I make a sugar free pudding pie.
    keebler reduced fat pie crust
    4 oz low fat cream cheese
    Fat free milk - 2 tablespoons for bottom layer + 2 cups for pudding center
    Sprinkle of Splenda
    2 small boxes of Sugar Free, Fat free pudding (your choice of flavor, but I like chocolate fudge)
    Cool whip light

Mix cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of milk until creamy.
    Fold in about a half cup of light cool whip. Spread in the pie crust for bottom layer.
    Next mix the 2 small boxes of pudding with 2 cups of milk. Wisk until thick. Spread on top of cream cheese layer to make the middle layer.
    Top with light cool whip and use sprinkles.

Love love love this for a holiday and everyone ends of eating it.