Carb cycling meal plan help needed

Options
2»

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    geddy2019 wrote: »
    Eat more carbs on your training days and little to no carbs on your days off.

I know you think you're trying to be helpful, but this is not necessary for the OP's situation. For weight loss, the carb amount doesn't matter. To be honest, carb cycling is more important for people who are advanced exercisers with specific goals. For example, I increase my amount of carbs the day before I do resistance training on my legs or the day before I go on long runs. For people who aren't exerting themselves to a certain degree, carb cycling isn't a necessity.

In fact, though individual satiety affects macros the most, the most popular macro split while losing weight is 40% carbs, and 30% for fat and protein. Not for any magical reason, but because this is a decent balance for most people. OP, if you want to start anywhere, eat at a deficit. After a while, you can observe what macros personally work best for you. Good luck!
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Laura22007 wrote: »
    I took a test and discovered that I have the characteristics of an endomorph. With that said, I want to lose weight but I also want to continue with this lifestyle to maintain my achieves goal weight.

So I signed up for Vshred and am struggling with carb cycling because I don't know how to start it and what foods to eat as well as I need a meal plan. I am trying to avoid spending the 225 to have them create a meal plan. I want to do it myself to save on cost, but dont know how to start.

Somatypes have been comprehensively debunked.

You don't have to follow any kind of complicated meal plan to lose weight. You just need to eat in a deficit. Use MFP to set a calorie goal to lose at an appropriate rate (1 lb a week for most people, 2 lb if very obese, 0.5 lb if just losing a few 'vanity pounds'), and experiment to find out what foods and timings keep you physically and mentally satisfied. That's all.
  • Gritty_Gal
    Gritty_Gal Posts: 96 Member
    Options

It won't post the pic.

Here is just one example of the low carb plan - 1782.51

Carb 0 to 50 gms per day - 200 cals per day

Protein 186.18 gms pd- 837.80 cals pd

Fat 93.09 gms pd - 837.80 cals pd

How did you come up with these numbers! What formula did you use? I’m just getting started on carb cycling and was wondering how this is calculated. Thanks :)