Hi im New with a lot to loose starting weight 518😞

Options
sunflower_getsfit
sunflower_getsfit Posts: 4 Member
edited April 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Starting weight is 518 pounds😔😔. Let's support each other. I have to change or i will die.

Replies

• Nickynoodle2379
    Nickynoodle2379 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You have took the first step and believe in yourself. You can do this. X
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We're all in this together and have the same end goal - losing weight! Whether it's 4lbs or 400! Good luck and feel free to add me. I login every day, track and weigh everything and am a good cheerleader!
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Welcome!! Proud of you for starting, it can be so hard. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • ForAmanda222
    ForAmanda222 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I feel the same - lose weight or die. It keeps me up at night worrying. Have a good first day!
  • MeganSKMA
    MeganSKMA Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can do it! :) Feel free to add me.
  • smms0714
    smms0714 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You've got this!
  • Hulkfan1
    Hulkfan1 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Always remember, one day at a time... stay rock steady, you will attain your goals.
  • KIC127
    KIC127 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You've got this! You've taken the first leap to get started, be proud of yourself.
  • 51caTlaDy
    51caTlaDy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    One meal at a time. I am 348 lbs. down from 367 lbs. Add me if you want to.
  • leahk80
    leahk80 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You can do this! feel free to add me :)
  • Efsim
    Efsim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    @sunflower_getsfit you are on the right track, you will do great with every one supporting you and your determination. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    You have a long road ahead of you. There will be some bumps in the road...maybe even some potholes. Get pass them and just keep going even if it feels as if you are out of gas. No matter how bumpy that road gets try to end your day by realizing that you made it a little further toward your destination.

We all beat ourselves up at times for venturing away from our weight loss plan but try to balance that with something positive. Don't just focus on your failures but give yourself credit for your successes no matter how small they are.

People will offer you advice...some good...some not so good. What is important is that whatever you do that it fits you and your life. We can only tell you what worked for ourselves but that is no guarantee that it will work for you.

Hopefully you have family and friends in the real world that will be there for support and that will help pick you up on those days where you hit one of those potholes and just can't seem to get out of it on your own. I don't do the friend option here on MFP (I make a terrible friend and I know it) but many people do and they love that extra support.

Good luck and I wish you well.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the 1st step.....you can do this ....one day at a time...don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day...You are more than welcome to add me...I would love to support/encourage/cheer you on this journey :)
  • kimmieMcF
    kimmieMcF Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MyFitnessPal is a great tool! You will learn a lot about food and what works for you as you track the calories. Just keep at it and you are going to start to feel great! Set small goals and enjoy it as you reach each goal.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club, you'll find loads of support here to help you, have a read through the forums for ideas and advice.
    Take it at your own pace, this is your personal challenge, do what works for you and what is sustainable long term.
    Good luck :)
  • Bellyfatbegone9
    Bellyfatbegone9 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Glad you’re here. You will have ups and downs along the way. Don’t shame yourself during the down times. You can do this!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile: You can do this!

Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each forum, there's lots of great "getting started" info there, and especially this one:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Welcome :smile: You can do this!

Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each forum, there's lots of great "getting started" info there, and especially this one:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Exactly what I was going to say!!!
  • Shisha97
    Shisha97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Be proud of yourself for taking the initiative to start. Enjoy the good days and don't be to hard on yourself on the bad days. Just dust off and get up again!
  • shw112
    shw112 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    you have already taken an amazing first step! you're gonna do great :)