Huel???

Options
Hey all, I’ve been using huel for two meals per day but now I’m contemplating 100 percent huel diet. Has anyone tried and had success with this? Goal is to further tighten up on vascularity

Replies

• Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of these, I think temporarily might be ok to replace meals but long term, I'd miss eating food! Are you competing?
  • nickdevine666
    nickdevine666 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    No not competing I don’t bodybuild. I just train for fun and work my body as a whole not like a bodybuilder, that’s not the desired look I like. Just general overall good conditioning for callisthenics.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Never heard of this so did a Google search and read a couple reviews. Seems like for some, heave would be a better name. Good there’s another choice out there in the vast nutrition supermarket.

Thanks for sharing.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • nickdevine666
    Options
    I don’t really like food so that’s why I hoped it would provide a good alternative to food choice and prep. Vasuclarity is direct to BF but with the best will in the world diet can be hard to keep clean with that much choice. Huel just takes away the pressure of food prep and weighing etc. Like a magic pill if you will
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    You don't really like any food?

As a previous poster said, these things generally are OK for on occasional use. I'm not so sure for regular use like you're suggesting.
  • nickdevine666
    Options
    I’m just not much of a foody. It’s only fuel for the body so might as well streamline into a drink and keep it simple. There will never be mistakes and slip ups that way with regards to content or portion size
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I’m just not much of a foody. It’s only fuel for the body so might as well streamline into a drink and keep it simple. There will never be mistakes and slip ups that way with regards to content or portion size

If it works for you, and you can get your necessary calories and macros, go for it.

I, personally, would crash and binge after about a day and a half.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I would eat everything in the fridge and then chew on the stairs after 3 days liquid only diet. What would you be taking a day, around 2k calories or so?

I mean, I can certainly see the attraction because as much as I love food, the prep is a pain at times. Best of luck with it and be wary of side effects, especially around co workers/ the boss and such lol. I've read several reports of excessive gas while using Huel.

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options

@nickdevine666, I like your fuel label of food and that’s what Jeff Cavaliere of AthleanX also says. Having this mindset helped me immensely as I was reclaiming my lean and mean fighting machine middle-aged man body.

In fact, my mindset is mathematically expressed as follows: Fuel + full = food

Jeff also said something that stuck with me - be as light, lean and strong as possible. Not his exact words but something like it.

Having said that, not likely that I’ll be adding Huel to my fitness l, health and wellness toolbox.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I don’t really like food .

Does not compute.
    I'm with ya!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I don’t really like food so that’s why I hoped it would provide a good alternative to food choice and prep. Vasuclarity is direct to BF but with the best will in the world diet can be hard to keep clean with that much choice. Huel just takes away the pressure of food prep and weighing etc. Like a magic pill if you will

How are you defining "clean" and how does Huel fit that definition? While I really can't relate to your thoughts about food (or at least not what you've stated in this thread), I would go for a meal kit/prep service over Huel.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

So it's not that you don't really like food, but more that you hate food prep & weighing it?

Didn't you know there's no such thing as a magic pill, because if there was everyone else would be using it?

Why not find things you like to meal prep that wouldn't be a hassle as far as weighing a ton of ingredients or pick a day to meal prep that wouldn't be a hassle? I've been either buying rotisserie chickens from Walmart & either just eating that or putting the meat in a small sandwich pocket thin or making up ground turkey burger meat.

There's also a lot of decent frozen meals that come in every variety, frozen vegetables that you can microwave in the bag, portable snacks (such as cheese sticks, protein bars, nuts, nut butters, etc.).
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I wish I didn't like food :s