Gadget to track your time,pace, etc.

Options
I have this app called runkeeper on my phone, tracks my pace, cal, and time, andmiles. However, there is times when it doesnt get good signal and it stops. Leaving me with nothing. I like to track how many miles i have ran, specially if i am running in a new place. What kind of gadget to you use to track your time etc. I just got an amazon gift card and looking for an awesome gadget that wont stop suddenly! TIA!

Replies

• Bri_and_Oli_Mum
    Options
    I use runkeeper as well on my phone.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I use one called joggycoach. It was $0.99, but it seems to pick up better than runkeeper which I used before. I really like it!
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Do you want an app or an actual device? If you want an actual device, try a Garmin wrist-worn GPS. :)
  • michis05
    michis05 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Do you want an app or an actual device? If you want an actual device, try a Garmin wrist-worn GPS. :)

Should have been more clear..actual device. I live in Georgia and there are certain areas that my phone wont get siganl...gggrrr
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Love RunKeeper, but there are several 'dead spots' on the trail. I would be curious if a dedicated GPS unit would pick up a better signal.
  • Cokamo
    Cokamo Posts: 51
    Options
    Nike Plus if you have an ipod or iphone...it's a pod those goes in or on your shoe that relays info to your phone or ipod. It tracks time, pace, distance and calories.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I wear a Garmin 305. It's a great tool.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I use LogYourRun.com. If my phone app doesn't pick up the GPS, I can track it by hand on the map online.
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin 405 and absolutely love it.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options

Should have been more clear..actual device. I live in Georgia and there are certain areas that my phone wont get siganl...gggrrr

Then I would definitely go with the Garmin wrist-worn GPS. :) There are certain models that have a HRM to track calories as well. I haven't really researched them too much because my iPhone mostly does OK with tracking (except my last 2 runs it was .25 miles off!).
  • Nolynoelia20
    Options
    I use runkeeper along w/ My Track app. They both do the same thing except MY TRACK doesnt do calories! In case one fails, I have the other one ;)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I used to use Mapmyrun app on my phone but I found it a bit crashy. Now I use Runkeeper but some days it just can't get a signal, so I'm interested to hear people's suggestions.
  • michis05
    michis05 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Maybe i want something simple now..i was looking through these and..uumm yeah..lol maybe ill look for something that tracks my pace and miles, not to worried about the calories