Hypoglycemia & vegetarian diet??? PTSD????

Options
Jeneba
Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
uh oh.... Think I am about to get a very unpleasant diagnosis once I take a battery of tests.... Even before the diagnosis is confirmed, it is probably a really good idea to start modifying my diet... Anybody have any experience with this? Also - anyone with PTSD and hypoglycemia? It appears they may be highly corrolated... Thanks!!!!

Replies

• awiggins1090
    Options
    I am hypoglycemic but I am not a vegetarian.. I do the daniels fast every January though and it doesn't make my blood sugar drop. I even do the first 3 days with only water and all natural juice!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    PTSD is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It's a psychological problem, and I've never heard of it being treating with diet.
  • Jeneba
    Options
    Can you give me more info about the fast? I am not familiar with it. Right now I am so disgusted with food & eating that a fast sounds like a vacation... ; )
  • Jeneba
    Options
    Hey Up Early! I have PTSD... It messes with your adrenal glands & compromised adrenals are correlated with low blood suger, so....... :sick:
  • awiggins1090
    Options
    Sure thing! It's a 30 day fast and you kick start it with a 3 day juice and water diet (all natural juice). For 30 days you eat nothing but all natural food. Basically anything grown from the ground you can eat! It cannot be processed at all and you even have to switch to sea salt. Anything with regular salt or preservatives listed is a no no. You have to read the ingredients because even organic products use some things not acceptable. Google it and you will find a site with tons of good recipes. It's actually a pretty popular fast :)
  • Jeneba
    Options
    I am definitely going to look into it! Thanks!!!
  • awiggins1090
    Options
    You'r welcome!
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    PTSD is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It's a psychological problem, and I've never heard of it being treating with diet.

My son is a Marine & has PTSD from serving in Iraq ~ yes, it can affect your body in a variety of different ways, and some of the treatment is diet related. Along with the stress, it can do crazy things to your body.
  • Jeneba
    Options
    Hey Noogie - grateful to your son for his service to the country... Sad for the price....
  • sixxx
    sixxx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm PTSD, hypoglycemic, and a vegetarian.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Hey Up Early! I have PTSD... It messes with your adrenal glands & compromised adrenals are correlated with low blood suger, so....... :sick:

Interesting! My brother has PTSD after serving in Iraq. He's never been told to try anything dietary. Maybe I'll suggest he look into that.
This discussion has been closed.