Amount of calories to reach

Honeyacid
Honeyacid Posts: 115 Member
edited April 2019 in Food and Nutrition
Today I got a Chipotle bowl with brown rice, black beans, sofrita (with is their tofu option), tomatoes and lettuce. I also ate half of a kiwi. All of this food added up to around 677 calories. I not sure if I should eat more or just wait until tomorrow. My goal is to eat around 1200 calories daily, but this omad method of eating is making it hard.

Replies

• sarajaneeeee
    sarajaneeeee Posts: 7 Member
    Honeyacid wrote: »
    Im doing omad because it's the only method that's helped me lose weight. I've tried so many diets but they never help me.

Have you tried another form of intermittent fasting? it's similar in that you restrict your eating times, but gives you a bit more freedom and you can try a wide variety of plans to see what works best for you. the 16:8 method is a good one to start with.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,282 Member
    Im doing omad because it's the only method that's helped me lose weight. I've tried so many diets but they never help me.

Have you tried another form of intermittent fasting? it's similar in that you restrict your eating times, but gives you a bit more freedom and you can try a wide variety of plans to see what works best for you. the 16:8 method is a good one to start with.

I've tried the 16:8 method but it didn't do much for me. I made sure to cut out all junk food and watched my portion sizes and calorie intake. With omad I can actually see results.

Except for that by your own admission, your "results" have you eating at a dangerously low level. How about trying for the Two Meals a Day plan? One meal at 3-4 hours after you wake up and the other meal at 3-4 hours before bed. That's the way I naturally eat. Sometimes a snack midday, but not always.

Pre-plan your meal(s). If you aren't hitting your calorie goals, you're going to cause yourself health problems. I mean, I could easily eat 1200 at one meal, I did it yesterday. So it's a matter of you planning ahead and eating regardless of appetite. That's not easy for everyone when trying to do it in one meal.
  • gregc50
    gregc50 Posts: 47 Member
    OMAD sounds pretty brutal. When I read about it seems to indicate it is for people who don't count calories (one plate, various rules for that plate) and didn't sound very healthy. Perhaps just eat again within that 4 hour window so you at least get your minimum nutrition needs.