I’ve lost 43 kg so far since January 2015

I’ve been up and down in weight most of my life. I was 57 kg from 20 - 24 years old then after quitting smoking cigarettes I went up to 111 kg in 2014 after having a baby and not eating healthy and eating to much and not exercising much. After I had my son Blake I started exercising and eating less and cleaning the house daily. I lost about 30 kg in a few months and had post natal depression and I was put into the psychiatric hospital for a few things and having borderline personality disorder and schizo affective disorder and depression since I was 13 years old. I struggled after a pregnancy that left me with hypermese gravidim and severe gallstone pain and dehydration and being bed ridden for 7 months. Which is not my sons fault. I was happy to have him. I was put in the psychiatric hospital for going crazy and being suicidal and I ended up in some trouble. I was put on four kinds of heavy medication and after 3 and a half months being admitted I went up to 126 kg. I hated my body and myself and felt like I failed my son as he was taken away from me and put into docs and put with my sister when he was only a few months old and he is 4 now. I started walking everywhere and didn’t drive again and I started trying to eat healthier and less. I had a death in the family and April last year I took up walking 8km 4-7 times a week. I was slowly eating less and healthier and walking to the shops and to see my son Blake. My fiancé mick has been my biggest help walking with me and helping me and supporting me. Adults are recommended to do 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. I do 360 - 630 minutes of exercise or more a week. I started doing my 8km walk and it would take my 2 hours but now it takes me 90-95 minutes so I’m getting quicker. I have worked up my willpower and stamina and patience and consistency. I hated walking to start off with but now I love walking and really look forward to walking. Because it’s been 40 degrees some days in summer I haven’t always been going 7 days a week but I hope to get back to going everyday once the summer weather is over. I’ve lost 43 kg. Today I am 83.2kg. It’s been hard but I’m still not at my realistic goal weight of 76kg. At 175 cm tall and 31 years old I am still in the overweight bmi category. 56kg - 76 kg is my healthy bmi goal. I would love to be 57 kg again but I’m not sure it’s possible but time will tell. I’m just working towards 75kg at the moment. 43 kg is a lot to have removed from my body and I feel so much lighter and healthier and fitter. My doctor does not want me to lose anymore weight but I want to so I am continuing to try my hardest at getting in a healthy bmi category. Some health professionals say the bmi is not for everyone and I know a super fit and skinny guy who is classed as overweight which is ridiculous. It might be good for some people but I don’t think it goes on everyone as some people have tiny, medium and large body frames some people have big bones. But I’m still working towards getting in my healthy body mass index range and I have a large body frame bones. I have been trying to love my body and see the parts of me that I like and accepting my body. I have low self esteem and think I still look really big and ugly. Some people take days to lose weight and some takes years it’s a long weight loss journey and it takes time. My doctor said weight loss takes along time and keep walking and drink water. I’m trying not to aim for perfection and I’m trying not to compare myself to skinny and fit people with abs but I’d love to be skinny and fit with a couple of abs with a flat tummy but not sure if I can get there. Walking is a whole body workout as I’ve seen proof for myself. I get on the scales first thing in the morning and numerous times through the day and before I go to bed and I write down my morning weight after I go to the toilet and my end of my day weight before I go to bed and everything I eat. My daily calories recommended is 1470 calories about 6000 kJ. My weight goes up and down a lot but it’s going down in weight more. It works for me so people have told me to keep doing what I’m doing as apparently I’ve heard you have to find something that worked for yourself. So that’s my story. I hope people like to hear about my weight loss journey. And I’ve added some photos of my weight loss progress but I don’t have a photo of when I was 57 kg sorry. I do know that a friend of mine has taken 2 years to lose 6 kg so the process can be very long and no wonder why people feel like giving up but I’m not hopefully and I am trying to believe in myself. Does anyone want to share with me how much weight you’ve lost and how long it’s taken you to lose the weight you’ve lost even if it’s 1 kg or about your weight loss journey or success? I’d love to hear from everyone. And one success is still one success no matter how many time you fail. I am hoping everyone gets to there weight loss goal and wish you all the best. Good luck everyone

Replies

• long_for_me
    long_for_me Posts: 179 Member
    You are so beautiful! Well done! I am also 175, aiming for 74 as of now....
  • ashleygroizard
    ashleygroizard Posts: 181 Member
    You are so beautiful! Well done! I am also 175, aiming for 74 as of now....
    Thank you that means a lot to me because I think I’m really ugly as well as fat. What weight are you at now? And what’s your recommended daily kJ or calories?
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    You are a beautiful and very strong lady! Lucky to have a man by your side, a wonderful son and a sister who surely loves you since she's helping with your boy, so that he gets to be taken care of by family.

You should be proud of where you got. This should show you that you are strong! Worth it all the way!

Advice: try to do some sports with your boy. Play football in the park, go for a bike ride together or go for a swim (if you take your fiance with you, one can take care of the boy, the other can go swim a bit).

I did not have so much to lose, but it went very slow. My desk job is my enemy, food-wise - I munch... Joining a gym showed no real results for a few good months, until I decided to watch my calories and allow myself to feel hunger for a little while (not starve, but also not munch before I even got hungry). Fighting the late night snacking also helped me against binging and eating crap. Bike commuting (I love biking) has helped me exercise without sacrificing the time off work in the detriment of my boys. That's pretty much about it...

Thank you for sharing! Keep up the good work (maintaining is the next step, just as difficult). Maybe decide to weigh in just 3 times a week, only in the morning. Otherwise your scale would influence your mood to much - not worth it! Just see what's best for you and avoid any depression triggers. :flowerforyou: Keep us posted of how it goes!
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    You are beautiful, you are doing great, you have achieved so much! Again it shows how important mental health is in our daily lives. Psychiatric medication is easily subscribed but that does no heal our soul, I know how it feels. Keep up the good work, take it day by day, meal by meal - after all, you are doing it for yourself and for your son.
  • 2metraninja
    2metraninja Posts: 17 Member
    You are beautiful (pro photographer here), but that is not really your accoplishment. Your real accomplishment is being low and working your way up. Keep up the great job, you can do it girl!
  • ashleygroizard
    dewit wrote: »
    You are a beautiful and very strong lady! Lucky to have a man by your side, a wonderful son and a sister who surely loves you since she's helping with your boy, so that he gets to be taken care of by family.

You should be proud of where you got. This should show you that you are strong! Worth it all the way!

Advice: try to do some sports with your boy. Play football in the park, go for a bike ride together or go for a swim (if you take your fiance with you, one can take care of the boy, the other can go swim a bit).

I did not have so much to lose, but it went very slow. My desk job is my enemy, food-wise - I munch... Joining a gym showed no real results for a few good months, until I decided to watch my calories and allow myself to feel hunger for a little while (not starve, but also not munch before I even got hungry). Fighting the late night snacking also helped me against binging and eating crap. Bike commuting (I love biking) has helped me exercise without sacrificing the time off work in the detriment of my boys. That's pretty much about it...

Thank you for sharing! Keep up the good work (maintaining is the next step, just as difficult). Maybe decide to weigh in just 3 times a week, only in the morning. Otherwise your scale would influence your mood to much - not worth it! Just see what's best for you and avoid any depression triggers. :flowerforyou: Keep us posted of how it goes!

Thank you so much I appreciate your comment.
  • ashleygroizard
    You are beautiful, you are doing great, you have achieved so much! Again it shows how important mental health is in our daily lives. Psychiatric medication is easily subscribed but that does no heal our soul, I know how it feels. Keep up the good work, take it day by day, meal by meal - after all, you are doing it for yourself and for your son.

Thank you so much I really appreciate your comment
  • ashleygroizard
    Just thought I would put in my update I’ve lost 49kgs and I really am trying hard to lose weight and try to look good. People have told me not to lose anymore weight my doctors and the weight loss clinic person and lots of family and friends but I’ve still got a bit of a gut. Ive been told I have excess skin what does that mean? Can I get rid of excess fat and excess skin? Any tips on this and maintaining my weight.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,359 Member
    None of your other threads about fat loss have given you the answer yet? Your posts are fairly similar and I am not sure you will get different responses here.

You've done well to lose the weight you have, congratulations. Excess skin can take up to two to three years to retract, if in fact it does retract. For some people it doesn't...it comes down mostly to genetics but also the amount of weight lost. For most people surgery is the only option to reduce excess skin.

Just thought I would put in my update I’ve lost 49kgs and I really am trying hard to lose weight and try to look good. People have told me not to lose anymore weight my doctors and the weight loss clinic person and lots of family and friends but I’ve still got a bit of a gut. Ive been told I have excess skin what does that mean? Can I get rid of excess fat and excess skin? Any tips on this and maintaining my weight.

• ashleygroizard
    None of your other threads about fat loss have given you the answer yet? Your posts are fairly similar and I am not sure you will get different responses here.

You've done well to lose the weight you have, congratulations. Excess skin can take up to two to three years to retract, if in fact it does retract. For some people it doesn't...it comes down mostly to genetics but also the amount of weight lost. For most people surgery is the only option to reduce excess skin.

I wasn’t aware I’m not allowed to post about fat loss. Sorry. Everybody’s posts have helped me. I’m just keen to lose weight and get fit and have a nice body. I’ll try not to put anymore posts up sorry
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    You are an inspiration, thank you for posting your story. Started on 170 kg (375 pounds) just over 1 year ago. So far I have lost 32 kg (70 pounds) and still a long way to go. No idea what my "ideal" weight will be, but that will all happen in good time. Walking - very simple work out, started to walk slowly around the corner, now I walk up to 2 hours in our neighbourhood. Still haven't found an accurate home scale for my weight, so I only use the electronic gym scale once a week or so. I do water aerobics at the gym, very good work out with virtually no body weight - that in itself is a very good motivation for me. Have seen my GP a year ago - next visit I will request the same blood tests to see if they look better / healthier.
  • ashleygroizard
    You are an inspiration, thank you for posting your story. Started on 170 kg (375 pounds) just over 1 year ago. So far I have lost 32 kg (70 pounds) and still a long way to go. No idea what my "ideal" weight will be, but that will all happen in good time. Walking - very simple work out, started to walk slowly around the corner, now I walk up to 2 hours in our neighbourhood. Still haven't found an accurate home scale for my weight, so I only use the electronic gym scale once a week or so. I do water aerobics at the gym, very good work out with virtually no body weight - that in itself is a very good motivation for me. Have seen my GP a year ago - next visit I will request the same blood tests to see if they look better / healthier.
    Well done losing 32 kgs in just over a year that is terrific you should be so proud of yourself. That’s an awesome accomplishment. It’s taken me four years to lose 48kgs. I’m trying to still continue to lose weight. Not sure what weight I’ll get to or if I’ll keep it off but I’m hoping at least to get to 70kgs and maintain for the rest of my life. I’m 77.7kgs today. It can be very frustrating weight loss but well worth it. Good on you for getting healthier. I’m kinder scared of the unknown not knowing what my weights going to be like my entire life but just trying to keep learning about eating less and watching my portion sizes and cutting out most junk food (which I have done and hope to keep it up) and continuing my 7.9km walk and bike riding most days of the week. It’s taken me baby steps but I’m getting there just hope to keep it up for life. Best of luck and well done again
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,359 Member

I wasn’t aware I’m not allowed to post about fat loss. Sorry. Everybody’s posts have helped me. I’m just keen to lose weight and get fit and have a nice body. I’ll try not to put anymore posts up sorry

Of course you are allowed to post about fat loss, it is myfitnesspal after all. The point of my post is that your question is similar to some of your other posts and I wonder if you are not liking the responses you have received so far?

You've obviously done a great job of losing excess fat so far...to get rid of the last bit of stubborn excess fat do body recomp...weight/resistance training, work on building up your lean body mass. Some great advice has been given in response to some of your other posts, perhaps take some time to go through them again.

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited April 2019

Post as much as you'd like :) Great job and skin takes a while and may never be perfect but you'll still be a lot healthier. Much love to you and your son and family!
  • ashleygroizard

Of course you are allowed to post about fat loss, it is myfitnesspal after all. The point of my post is that your question is similar to some of your other posts and I wonder if you are not liking the responses you have received so far?

You've obviously done a great job of losing excess fat so far...to get rid of the last bit of stubborn excess fat do body recomp...weight/resistance training, work on building up your lean body mass. Some great advice has been given in response to some of your other posts, perhaps take some time to go through them again.

I like all my responses. I will take some time to go thru them again to see if there’s anything I can do that I’m not doing already. What is body recomp?
  • ashleygroizard
    solieco1 wrote: »

Post as much as you'd like :) Great job and skin takes a while and may never be perfect but you'll still be a lot healthier. Much love to you and your son and family!

Thank you. I am heaps healthier than I was which makes me feel good. I was going thru my old clothes yesterday size 18 and size 20 and I’m now in size 12-14 so that feels good. Thanks I appreciate that
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!