Always hungry !

Options
omaralghabra
omaralghabra Posts: 1 Member
Anyone has the feeling of not getting full? This low calorie lots of protein diet is keeping me hungry all the time🥺

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Unless you're going for muscles, you don't need that much protein. Find the foods that are filling for you and eat more of those.
  • wagnerchristina99
    wagnerchristina99 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! I am often hungry. Part of it is probably just getting used to the calorie deficit. In my case, before MyFitnessPal when I wasn’t tracking and just eating whatever I wanted and how much I wanted, I wouldn’t be surprised if I was consuming 2,000-3,000 calories a day. I went directly from that to a 1,590 calorie budget. It takes time to adjust I suppose. They say it takes 21 days actually, for something to become a habit. I’ve been on here for 20 days! Lol.
    A little snack within a couple hours before bed helps. Because if you go to bed hungry, you wake up in the morning starving! Or at least I do!
    307114882 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    aha, me too. Maybe we could change the diet.
  • lainypops
    lainypops Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You may need to add more good fats to your diet as good fats a satiating.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I found my ideal macros composition after trial and error. Feel satiated by the end of the day and don't need any cheat days. I do prepare myself a rough meal plan for the next day and take it meal by meal.
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    You could try changing what you are eating. Non-starchy vegetables are very low in calories so you can eat a lot of them. Fat is high in calories, but very satiating. I find I feel fullest when I eat both more volume of vegetables and a higher percentage of fat.

If you're hungry, you can eat about a pound of lettuce for around 70 calories. That'll fill you up, but probably isn't very appealing, but you can add about a pound of low calorie non-starchy vegetables to some chicken breast and saute the whole thing in a little fat which will be about twice the calories of just eating the chicken breast alone, but will keep you full about four times as long.
  • sefajane1
    sefajane1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! I am often hungry. Part of it is probably just getting used to the calorie deficit. In my case, before MyFitnessPal when I wasn’t tracking and just eating whatever I wanted and how much I wanted, I wouldn’t be surprised if I was consuming 2,000-3,000 calories a day. I went directly from that to a 1,590 calorie budget. It takes time to adjust I suppose. They say it takes 21 days actually, for something to become a habit. I’ve been on here for 20 days! Lol.
    A little snack within a couple hours before bed helps. Because if you go to bed hungry, you wake up in the morning starving! Or at least I do!

I find the opposite re: eating before bed. If I eat before bed tgen I'm always more hungry in the morning than the times I go to bed hungry 🤔