Inconsistent who wants to lose weight ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope you give me encourangement ๐Ÿ™‚

Replies

• Mcat34
    Mcat34 Posts: 22 Member
    Hey! Also trying to lose weight and get into shape. Hoping this time it sticks! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Keep one thing consistent....logging calories. Log both good and bad days. You don't have to be perfect to lose weight. Allow yourself to screw up from time to time, because we all do. Shrug if off - move on.

Progress not perfection.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • quietmousie
    quietmousie Posts: 10 Member
    I am in the same boat, been out of my groove for most of a year. Need to get back into my healthy habits... Feel free to add me... :)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    TeaBea wrote: ยป
    Keep one thing consistent....logging calories. Log both good and bad days. You don't have to be perfect to lose weight. Allow yourself to screw up from time to time, because we all do. Shrug if off - move on.

Progress not perfection.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
    I am in the same boat, been out of my groove for most of a year. Need to get back into my healthy habits... Feel free to add me... :)

As @TeaBea suggests, the great thing about a calorie-counting approach is that the only thing you have to be consistent about is logging. You don't have to be consistent about sticking to some set list of "healthy" foods or habits about when you eat, or how you eat ("always sitting down," "always from a plate," "never after seven p.m." etc.). You don't even have to be consistent about how many calories you consume. You just need to have that accurate record so you can see that, on average, over time, you're falling below maintenance.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." --Ralph Waldo Emerson.

(To be fair, I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about losing weight, but matters of ethics. :smile: )
  • redhairannie
    redhairannie Posts: 26 Member
    Looking to become more consistent on my days off and also looking to follow a consistent workout routine! I can't seem to make the gym happen. I love my gym, and I enjoy going but seem to have an excuse most of the time. Whether its that I have to get stuff done around the house or I get forced overtime and end up for 12 hours at work that day....