Strength at home

Icecoffeegirl
Icecoffeegirl Posts: 3 Member
edited April 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been wondering if there is a way to do strength workouts at home. I don't have the ability to go to the gym. So is it possible to get the same results from home?
Any recommendations guys!
Btw I'm a beginner

Replies

• IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    See if there are any free on-demand videos (or via phone I guess and stream), get a couple of hand weights. Can do a quick 15 minute work out a couple of times a day.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,044 Member
    edited April 2019
    Bodyweight Workout On Demand - Bodyweight Home Workout ...
    https://marklauren.com/

I hear this is a great home workout

Bodyweight - You Are Your Own Gym (YAYOG) Training App
    https://marklauren.com/bodyweight/yayog-app/

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    I like HASfit on YouTube
  • JCo702
    JCo702 Posts: 63 Member
    I workout exclusively from home :) Let me know if you'd like program recommendations. Feel free to add me!
  • nk9o
    nk9o Posts: 60 Member
    So many exercise at home videos, equipment available....you must be kidding??
  • mrschappy182
    mrschappy182 Posts: 69 Member
    I'm in the same boat. I am doing bodyweight training from home, i have some weights, and I'm looking for optimal strength workouts for beginners to rotate into my fitness plan.
  • ChrisCatMama
    ChrisCatMama Posts: 1,038 Member
    darebee.com has a lot of great workouts, including strength training.You can download and print them out as well.
    307114882 Posts: 45 Member
    It is easy to find there are so many exercise could do at home,I want to say is keep going.
  • fitom80
    fitom80 Posts: 154 Member
    Yes it is possible. 😁 I do my workout in the garden no matter if - 7C or 35C. You dont need all the exotic equipment you will find in regular gym. Basic excerise is most effective (squats, pullups, benchpress) and as a woman at beggining you can start with own weight and buy new equipement as you adavnce to gain some variability. You even don't need much space for gym equipment, most of mine you will find on the photo
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Great ideas!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Get yourself a set of resistance bands with a door attachment.
  • johngsprague
    johngsprague Posts: 22 Member
    Lots of ways to accomplish this, as seen above. The bodyweight workout on Reddit is pretty solid: https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

I've had success with hanging gymnast's rings from the beam in my basement. You can do exercises for all directions, like pushups for chest, reverse pushups for back, pike pushups to shoulders, dips for lats and chest, etc. Add some squats and deadlifts and there ya go.

Good luck!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    There are some useful bodyweight programs on this thread, as well as programs using dumbbells. I work out exclusively at home and ended up spending a minimal amount on some dumbbells, a bench, and a barbell set and rack. It's been worth every penny.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited April 2019
    Resistance bands I highly recommend those... and following YouTube fitness videos helps to show me how my form should be, it just gives me some sort of direction, Sydney cummings is my fav.

• TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Nike Training App is free and has a heap of work outs.
  • fitom80
    95xuobww4l1n.jpg
    Terace gym got roof, floor, heating, light, multi functional rack.... all one needs for complete gym is 2,4m x 2,4m space
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I've been wondering if there is a way to do strength workouts at home. I don't have the ability to go to the gym. So is it possible to get the same results from home?
    Btw I'm a beginner

That would very much depend on what results you're looking for.
  • fitom80
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Btw I'm a beginner

That would very much depend on what results you're looking for.

Ok. What kind of results she cannot target at home?
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited November 2019
    Everything I need is right in my basement. Basic OLD equipment and spin bike. Not shown is incline sit up bench and pull up bar. Plus I do old fashioned push ups daily. Resistance bands are great too and like others mentioned, tons of videos out there on youtube for basic to advanced at home training.
    q0777g570g3b.jpg