How do I get a 24-25 inch waist?

Options

Replies

• ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I'm 152.4cm and 52kg. Measurements 92.7 - 68.5 - 92.7. I consider myself very hourglass with a lovely waist. I guess it is about perception. I don't think your waist will get much smaller, even with more fat loss, it is very proportional to your body. You could temporarily alter or enhance your silhouette with shapewear.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Body build is hereditary.
    Back when I your age, 36-24-36 female measurements, were considered perfect. That was over 50 years ago.
    Learning acceptance of that which you cannot change will come.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I can't.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Like others have mentioned, waist size is genetic and there is not much you can do about it. I had to come to terms with this myself! So I decided to lift in order to create the illusion of a smaller waist by building up my legs/hamstrings as well as shoulders.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Back when I your age, 36-24-36 female measurements, were considered perfect. That was over 50 years ago.

Yeah so I was like, how could ppl achieve that?

Its one of those things that not everyone can achieve (like thigh gaps). It just depends on your genetics.

My waist as an adult has never been smaller than 26” (66.04 cm). I don’t think it’s possible for me to get any smaller with the way my body is built. Even now my waist is 27.5” (69.84 cm). I would like to cut a bit of fat for vanity reasons, but I don’t think anyone would look at me and think my waist was big.

As for waist size changing throughout the day, around TOM, when constipated...all normal. It’s just how bodies work.

I think instead of focusing on something that isn’t possible for you to achieve in a healthy way, you should focus on finding confidence and learning to love the body you have.

Ha. When I'm close to being underweight, my waist is about 65cm. But then I have a really sharp edge at the top of my pelvis bone, which not only looks ridiculous but is also very uncomfortable to sleep on. Think wearing trousers that are too wide in the waist, but made from bone.