Eating White Rice For Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hopefully not just rice? That wouldn't be much of a meal. I hope those are just the carbs that go into your meals.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    jdog022 wrote: »
    dukeingram wrote: »
    You'd get better weight-loss results eating mashed potatoes rather than rice. I stopped eating rice 2 years ago.

How do you figure that?? 200 calories of rice is the same weight loss as 200 calories of mashed potatoes, everything else being equal

I would assume because they, just like myself, find potatoes to be more filling than rice.

of course someone else might find rice to be more filling than potatoes and that's absolutely legit too.

That's fine. And it's fine for someone to have a personal preference. But sweeping statements like "you'd get better weight-loss results eating mashed potatoes than rice" aren't correct.

Exactly. Thank you
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    Eating whatever you want is not a good idea. All calories are not equal. You can eat a pizza with 1000 calories and feel like crap or eat protein waffles with 1000 calories and feel great. It takes more than just a calorie deficit to lose weight. You have to keep the body healthy to have the energy and mindset to lose weight.

Here's a guy who's been eating whatever he wants for years. Caloric deficit proven over and over.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348650/cico-still-skeptical-come-inside-for-a-meticulous-log-that-proves-it#latest

Exercise is also not a requirement for weightloss.

Have a question about this. I know it takes a calorie deficit to lose weight. I have lost 31 pounds with a deficit but doesn’t balance or healthy eating come in to play?
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Of course! Although having it at lunch AND dinner would bore me to tears! I love sweet potatoes. When I eat rice, I measure out either a whole or half cup using measuring cups.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    You'd get better weight-loss results eating mashed potatoes rather than rice. I stopped eating rice 2 years ago.

Hmm. My 40 pounds of weight loss would disagree. I probably eat white rice at least twice per week.

My 30 pound weight loss says the same. I eat it at least that often. Had it today. I also eat potatoes. They're cool too. And every once and a while, I have *gasp* pizza. Never had a protein waffle tho. But you know what? If a person likes to eat them, I'm sure they're cool too.

They don't look that good from his photos, but people have different tastes.

I don't actually like waffles that much, protein waffles or normal ones. I also limit protein powder.

I do like roasted potatoes and an occasional stir fry with rice! (Normally I prefer pasta or potatoes over rice, however, although I'd never claim that was anything beyond personal preference.)

I'll note that if eating pizza or rice or potatoes or pasta I normally have lots of veg. Not sure how to work that in with waffles and don't recall the protein waffle meal involving veg, but I'm sure some could work them in.