Don't get discouraged by weight gain from the gym!

Options
Hey guys,

Just read this article about the reasons why you might see the numbers go up when you start a new exercise routine and thought I'd post it here for everyone: http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=why_the_scale_goes_up_when_you_start_a_new_workout_plan

I think it gives a good explanation, and will hopefully keep you motivated, no matter what the scale says!

Keep on truckin' :)

Replies

• jbenton091011
    Options
    Thanks for this. It's just what I needed
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Or if people will realize that they didn't put the weight on in 3 days, they shouldn't expect to drop 5lbs in a 1 day. It's a long term thing.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I really needed to see this!!! I was up this morning... and I just started the couch to 5k this week... I hope that is why the gain!!!
  • onebigbutt
    Options
    I recently started Zumba classes. I thought for sure I would be just dropping the pounds like crazy!! No weight loss in two weeks!!! Aaaahhhh!!! Thank you for this post! I feel so much better and I'm looking forward to Zumba tonight. :)
  • Missy0104
    Options
    Thanks. I just started back on track after a baby and was off to a good start until I started working out. Haven't lost anything in a week even though I'm walking 3-4 miles a day every day since last Friday. I expected it to enhance my weight loss - not send it to a screeching halt!!! I'm even eating half my exercise calories and still not helping.
  • wijac10
    wijac10 Posts: 47
    Options
    Thank you!! I really needed to see this!!! I was up this morning... and I just started the couch to 5k this week... I hope that is why the gain!!!

same here