Options

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Body build is hereditary.
    Back when I your age, 36-24-36 female measurements, were considered perfect. That was over 50 years ago.
    Learning acceptance of that which you cannot change will come.
    Back when I your age, 36-24-36 female measurements, were considered perfect. That was over 50 years ago.

Yeah so I was like, how could ppl achieve that?

people were just smaller. heights, frames, etc. over the decades/centuries, humans are on average getting larger.

Why was this wooed? It's pretty much true. Over the last 150 years, the average height of people living in the West has increased by almost 4", almost certainly due to improved nutrition throughout life (and particularly in childhood). I don't have data on other measurements, but it would be surprising if the frame weren't a little larger generally.

The average woman (age 20-74) in the US in 1960 was 63.1 inches. The most recent stat for women 20+ was 63.6 inches. (CDC data in both cases).

The "ideal" proportions of 50 years ago were not different from today because women were materially shorter. They were different because tastes and styles were different.

The "ideals" were just as silly, arbitrary, and unrealistic for women then, as current ones are for women now. The ideals 50 years ago may've been a little closer to the average woman's measurements then, because women were less overweight, on average.

Average height may be only 1/2 inch increase but weight has gone up significantly, during the same time. That adds inches somwhere. According to the CDC, the average American woman’s waist size is 38.2 inches. OP hoping to achieve a 24-25 inch waist seems unrealistic, without knowing her genetic predisposition.
  • suzannesimmons1
    suzannesimmons1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Yeah so I was like, how could ppl achieve that?

people were just smaller. heights, frames, etc. over the decades/centuries, humans are on average getting larger.

And they had corsets and girdle.