Diet food concoctions - protein fluff, greek yogurt cheesecake, etc.

Options
dmt4641
dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
I keep seeing people post about all sorts of foods that seem like diet hacks - protein fluff, protein pancakes, greek yogurt cheesecake. Are these foods actually filling? I'm trying to think of ideas for snacks after dinner when I'm still hungry or craving something and I didn't know if these really satisfied a craving or just tasted weird.

Also, please link or list you fav diet food concoction recipe you can't live without.

I usually to mix cottage cheese with a little bit of natural peanut butter if I'm craving something after dinner. I heard that from someone on MFP years ago and still enjoy it but looking for new ideas.

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried all of them, but I've dabbled in high-protein or low-calories replacements, and some are quite satisfying, and others are just physically satisfying. Like, they fill me up but they don't satisfy the craving I had for whatever thing it was replacing.
  • mnwatson89
    mnwatson89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of protein shakes and they are very filling. I use herbalife and they are by far the best shakes... If I need more I add PB2, oats, banana or anything that sounds good to fill me up. I think about the foods that are going to be the most filling and has the most nutrients. So I opt for quinoa instead of rice. or I just do black beans instead of rice. It has worked very well for me. cottage cheese is high in protein, those flavored tuna packets are good, I do hard boiled egg whites, cheesesticks have a decent amount of protein. and then I eat lots of fruits and veggies. I have lost 12lbs in a month and its because I completely changed my diet. If I have a craving for something sweet I go for halo top icecream or chilly cow half pints. they are both high in protein... Chilly cow has this brown butter salted caramel one that is incredible! I promise it gets easier but dont forget to treat yourself and if your hungry, eat! You shouldnt be starving yourself. Thats what my health coach keeps telling me
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    mix greek yogurt with protein powder...add a few chocolate chips if desired and put in the freezer for 30 minutes then enjoy!
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Vegetable/chip dip:

I don't know if this is some diet secret or concoction.. but I found the recipe on Pinterest and made it, and loved it!!

I used light mayo and subbed plain Greek yogurt for the sour cream. I also used onion powder instead of chives, since that's what I had on hand.

The typical serving size of 28g (seems to be what most store bought veggie/chip dips are) came out to only 44c per serving! It's great with carrots and pretzels! My 3.5 year old scraped the bowl clean!

https://creativehomemaking.com/recipes/mixes/vegetable-dip-mix/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest&utm_campaign=tailwind_smartloop&utm_content=smartloop&utm_term=772934