Flavor enhancers in water

Options
nocgirl72
nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
I am so sick of drinking water. I hate it. Lately I have been drinking more diet and flavored seltzer which I don't like that I have been doing.

I bought the 0 cal Kroger Lemonade flavor enhancer and put a little in my water. Wow what a difference. It tastes like fountain lemonade. Yes probably not as great as plain water but I have already had 3 25oz glasses of ice water and I haven't even had any of my diet soda today.

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    This is how I have always drank my water until recently. I love the Koolaide drops and admittedly probably use more than I should and have now started getting heart burn from them :/ I guess all the malic acid is hard on my stomach. You might want to keep an eye on that. Outside of that it's a great way to get your 8 glasses down.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    nocgirl72 wrote: »
    I am so sick of drinking water. I hate it. Lately I have been drinking more diet and flavored seltzer which I don't like that I have been doing.

I bought the 0 cal Kroger Lemonade flavor enhancer and put a little in my water. Wow what a difference. It tastes like fountain lemonade. Yes probably not as great as plain water but I have already had 3 25oz glasses of ice water and I haven't even had any of my diet soda today.

Why wouldn't it be as great as plain water?
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I put a ton of cut up fruits in there - I even like celery and cucumber in mine! do you like herbs? Stick some in!
  • nocgirl72
    Options
    Because of the artificial sweetener. I know that nothing is as good as plain ol water but so boring and flavorless.

apullum wrote: »

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Because of the artificial sweetener. I know that nothing is as good as plain ol water but so boring and flavorless.

apullum wrote: »

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary/p1
  • nocgirl72
    Options
    I cant believe what a difference this liquid water enhancer has made. So much water and its like having fountain lemonade. I feel like I am cheating.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a Cirkul water bottle. Love it! Have flavored water everywhere I go or turn the valve and I get plain water.
    www.drinkcirkul.com
  • kellyjheath4221
    kellyjheath4221 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I squeeze fresh lemon or lime into my water and add some Splenda...tastes like lemonade or limeade. Plus, I get lots of vitamin C.