gatorade zero

Options
Has anybody ever tried gatorade or powerade zero. I was wondering if it was any good.

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    any good? in what way?
    some flavors taste good. but it's a personal preference
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    if you're equating good with tasty...my son loves both. i hate both. it's up to personal preference.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    thanos5 wrote: »
    if you're equating good with tasty...my son loves both. i hate both. it's up to personal preference.

Same here. I can't tell a major difference between the two when I tried powerade zero, but I'm not really a big fan of powerade in general, so it was still meh.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion is that all diet drinks except the cola flavoured ones ( Pepsi max etc) taste too chemically.

YMMV.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have Gatorade, the carbs are part of the reason I have it (usually before, during, or after strenuous exercise), so the idea of a zero calorie version doesn't really appeal to me.
  • BurningSkies2018
    BurningSkies2018 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had some of the berry flavored yesterday and I was actually pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I've been looking to add a little more variety in my drinks rather than strictly water or tea and this was a good addition.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Yeah I love Powerade zero, the Grinch punch variety. I will sometimes drink the caloric version on long hikes.
  • cavefallss
    cavefallss Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just looking for something with some good flavor. Love regular gatorade but had seen the zero kind so was just wondering.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Vitamin Water Zero is pretty good. I like the lemonade flavor...although I usually squeeze some actual lemon slices in there to make it taste a little more "natural".
  • onepebble
    onepebble Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I’ve only had them when they were freebies after a race and thought they were vile. That is the case with most artificially sweetened drinks that I’ve tried though, I just don’t like the taste.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Yeah I love Powerade zero, the Grinch punch variety. I will sometimes drink the caloric version on long hikes.

I just realized that this autocorrected from fruit punch to Grinch punch. Lol. Surprised no one called me out.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options

I just realized that this autocorrected from fruit punch to Grinch punch. Lol. Surprised no one called me out.

I was gonna seriously ask what that was because I only know of the fruit punch :D
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Its good. I like it from time to time. Try it and see. You can get in the 32Oz varieties which are like $1 or less than that. That way you can try the flavors without buying an 8 pack.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Gatorade zero cherry glacier flavor (white one) tastes pretty decent (better than powerade zero). I find myself commonly recommending this for off-label OTC (cheap) colon preps using PEG & bisacodyl for people who don't want to take in tons of carbohydrates & to avoid (red, orange) dyes
  • cavefallss
    Options
    I bought the berry flavor and the lemon lime one. Hopefully it’s good.
  • sdewey415
    sdewey415 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I recommend Propel drinks. They have been my favorite as far as getting a variety.
  • cavefallss
    Options
    sdewey415 wrote: »
    I recommend Propel drinks. They have been my favorite as far as getting a variety.

thanks.. i have never tried those.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    The only time I normally drink Powerade or Gatorade is when I'm sick & getting dehydrated or when I'm outside pushing carts at work.

I usually drink the Powerade Zero Mixed Berry or the Fruit Punch.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I personally only like the white cherry and orange Powerade Zero. Something about the mixed berry and fruit punch just doesn't taste good to me (I like the full calorie versions of those the best, however). It's really just about you trying and figuring out what you personally like!