Which beach body program do you suggest?

Options
staciw
staciw Posts: 58 Member
I’d like to start a program to help me build muscle and slim down. My equipment at home is minimal (exercise ball, low weight dumbbells, treadmill). I’m running 3 times a week and really enjoy that, so hope to continue doing that as a stress reliever. I’ve never done strength training or weight lifting but want to start at 47 years old to build muscle
Mass. My dream is to get ripped! I still have fat to lose - ideally 20 lbs.

Is there a program that you suggest that will work for my needs? I’ve looked at 21 day fix, 10 minute trainer and body beast so far.

Replies

• MargaretMEM
    MargaretMEM Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can rasily do exercises without a lot of equipment that is effective. Using your own body weight is just as effective but the best thing starting out is using machines at a gym that are already designed to keep your body in proper alignment and form as you work out. I have a wonderful kinesiologist and my own personal trainer that has helped me through two car accidents 7 years ago and still does continually to this day in person. He is well traines and comes highly recommended. He is very plesant and professional and a great motivator. He also does online sessions. Check out dtrmd with Kevin Busch.
  • 2BtheRealMe
    2BtheRealMe Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have a family member who is seeing great results with Liift 4! I tried it when it first came out, but am currently not following it due to a shoulder injury. I am hoping to get back into it again this week. Good luck!
  • MargaretMEM
    Options
    The program type is not the best determining factor but being active is.
  • MargaretMEM
    Options
    Buddy systems work great! Who wsnt to be a buddy today?
  • Chelle8070
    Chelle8070 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm an old school Beach Body fan - I LOVE Turbo Jam!! It's my favorite. I do it all the time. In fact, I have the 20 minute video memorized to the point that I can put on any music I want and do it LOL

PiYo is my other favorite. When I was really overweight and had joint issues, I chose this because it was low impact. Except it's body weight stuff and it's HARD! Now that I'm more fit and able to do high impact, I use these as "active rest day" workouts (Except SWEAT. SWEAT is treated like cardio).

I also lift weights 3-5x a week. I. LOVE. IT. I bought stuff for my home gym but also go to a personal trainer 2x a week.

Have fun with it!!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    staciw wrote: »
    I’d like to start a program to help me build muscle and slim down. My equipment at home is minimal (exercise ball, low weight dumbbells, treadmill). I’m running 3 times a week and really enjoy that, so hope to continue doing that as a stress reliever. I’ve never done strength training or weight lifting but want to start at 47 years old to build muscle
    Mass. My dream is to get ripped! I still have fat to lose - ideally 20 lbs.

Is there a program that you suggest that will work for my needs? I’ve looked at 21 day fix, 10 minute trainer and body beast so far.

If your focus is strength training, Chalene Extreme or 21 Day Fix are good options. Body Beast is the logical answer but Sagi is an acquired taste and his chit chat is geared toward gym bros. If he doesn't bother you, it's also a good program, but you'll need more equipment.

I haven't tried any of their newer programs, so some of them might be appropriate as well.

You might also want to check out Fitness Blender online, their programs are recommended here often. If you are interested in branching out a little more, this thread will be of interest:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    The one where my body lies on the beach and snoozes for two hours.

Great program. Look into it.
  • staciw
    staciw Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! These are some great suggestions. Going to take me a bit to read through the links.