Newbie, on Day 2

Options
dssayani
dssayani Posts: 1 Member
Hi all. I am on day 2 of my new lifestyle. I'm 29, from NYC, and I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm over 400 pounds and my objective is to be a healthy weight, 180 pounds (I'm 6 feet tall). I have hypertension, sleep apnea, and edema, and am just fed up. So I took the bull by the horns and decided to start counting my calories. I'll incorporate more walking in but I want to first control my eating, one day at a time. I'm keeping to 1200 calories a day. Not rushing. Just taking it steady for the long haul. One day at a time. I'll be sharing my meals here. Thanks.

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    1200 sounds very low for your height and weight. MFP should be giving you a higher amount.

There are dangers of losing weight too fast that you should read. You could make yourself sick.
  • Scottgriesser
    Scottgriesser Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If you are over 400lbs and only eating 1200 cals a day now you are going to cause some very serious health issues very quickly.

At that weight you don't need to stick to a 2lb a week plan, but what you are doing will likely cause you to suffer from a case of death.

Stop it right now and look into a more healthy rate of loss.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    not to mention as a male the least you should eat is 1500 Net (1500 plus what you burned from exercise
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    careful, my friend. slow and steady wins the race.
  • EnriqueShockwave1911
    EnriqueShockwave1911 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You need to be eating more calories, google a TDEE calculator, and put in all of your stats. This will give you some numbers to aim for. Last year I weighed 250 and last week I weighed in at 180. All I did was count calories, that's it. I used this app and the TDEE calculator. I mention this because if I would've started off restricting myself to 1200 calories I might have quit.