Losing weight with a spouse that’s doing the opposite

Options
2»

Replies

• meganreid163
    meganreid163 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My husband is actually trying to gain weight and build muscle. It’s very hard seeing him eat 3000-4000 calories a day when I’m eating around 1800 a day.
    But I just remember that our goals are different and I always remember it’s okay to treat myself as long as it fits in my calories
  • Ducks47
    Ducks47 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can ask him to keep it in a separate area or go out for his treats? He could go out for some ice cream or something instead of bringing it home? Or avoid your absolute favorites? So, if you love chips then he could buy pretzels instead, for example. Or you could have a set time where you indulge with him? Like on a date or on saturdays you could go out for pizza or whatever. Best of luck to you!!
  • bannock_and_biceps
    bannock_and_biceps Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    both my husband and my son eat whatever they want. all. the. time. for my daughter and me *she is gluten intolerant* we don't ascribe to the men's way of thinking because we don't feel good if we do. self discipline is a huge factor for us and it's not easy - believe me. they have their junk food but we modify with our own treats that suit us just fine. i cave occasionally but i am so diligent on pre logging my diary daily. i've lost 20 lbs with MFP and nothing is going to undo that success. i never want to go back to that weight!

i hope there's a way you can find peace and a solution within your household - all the best to you!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    If you were studying for a degree would you expect your spouse to study with you? The habits of others does not have to impact your habits, unless you allow this.

There's a good amount of projection at play in these scenarios. Realizing this is key to personal growth.