Calorie "fat" days

Options
I read once somewhere that if you give yourself one day a week a fat day it can help your weight loss.
I have been doing it for awhile and was getting ok results. I would pick the day of the week to allow myself to go over my calorie intake.
I read that this tricks your body in to bumping up your metabolize thinking it needs to burn more cause you just took in more. Then returning to your normal cal intake the next day the body is still thinking your going to take in the upped amount. The body continues to burn the higher amount of calories.

Does anyone else have a day like this? Am i just getting smoke blow up my ....
Like i said I was losing weight so i kept it up. It allowed me to enjoy that big juicy steak that I had been craving without guilt.

Thanks!

Replies

• runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have read that too - it "confuses" your metabolism. Besides, a splurge day is good for the morale, too. Just sayin'. :)

If you continually deny yourself the foods you crave/really like/can't totally give up, you're just going to break down and binge or emotionally overeat one day! I am looking forward to a splurge day this weekend.
  • drmdct
    drmdct Posts: 7
    Options
    I have heard this same thing but I heard it from the teachers at Ferrell's when I did the ten week program with them after I had Damien. Not sure where they get there degree or if it is true but I agree it is a well needed thing and the 1 day is a day I dont work out either to give my body a rest.