The Great Minnesota Get-together!

Options
Good Morning, all! Today is the first day of the MN State fair. I am very excited to go- as Minnesotans this is something we wait for all year. There's lots to do, see, and EAT! Everything is deep fried, and delicious! Does any one have any tips for me how to not over eat and stay within my goals for today? Any advice is accepted!
Thanks.

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    SHARE with fridns/family. I am going tomorrow with the beau I CANNOT wait!!! ( after 2 hours at the gym )
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    lol oh dear... I hear ya... i'm from MN as well.. I live in River Falls, WI thou... Maybe stick with diet soda lol.... uhh... maybe let yourself have a cheat day!!! Just remember, you don't have to eat to have fun!!!
  • nlfrancis
    Options
    I was going to tell you to have a corn dog for me!! I am from MN and haven't been back for a state fair in 7 years (:sad: ) Have a great time!!
  • Skinny_Mocha
    Skinny_Mocha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I miss Minnesota!! I grew up there.

Eat everything you want, but in small portions. Just have a bite or two of each thing, and fill up on healthy stuff.

HAVE FUN!!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I didn't have tips, thats the day I plan to throw goals out the window. I'm not going to miss out on the fair experience by stressing about the nutrition facts of Mouse Trap cheese curds. Good luck and have fun!
  • luxuryisntcheap
    Options
    Maybe I won't "enjoy" eating as much this time! I don't really eat all that greasy stuff anymore- maybe it'll make me sick. Who knows.. What I do know is that I will be walking all around town before we go. A corn dog, and a beer from the beer garden is a must!

Thank you for your comments!
  • shantie10
    shantie10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My best advice would be NOT to go! I have no interest in going . It beats the purpose of what I am trying to do. I have no interest in eating anything from there. Sorry!
  • auntie_missy
    auntie_missy Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Share with whoever you're going with. You don't need to stuff yourself, just take a bite or two to get a taste and enjoy all the different ways things can be fried and/or be impaled on sticks. :)
    It's one day, combined with a lot of walking. Even if you go nuts on the food, it won't hurt you in the long run.
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Take a day off and enjoy! Just pace yourself and think of all the walking you are also doing!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I loved the state fair last year!

I don't think I'm going this year though. Not enough money to really enjoy myself.
  • jandueporti
    jandueporti Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I second what everyone else has said - I'll be hitting it up next week, and my plan is to bring water (or at least a water bottle with me) and only have a taste or two of whatever I decide to get (the first few bites are the best anyway)! Also, all the walking will help counteract somewhat

Good Luck! :)
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    omgosh i went last year when Kiss was playing...it was INSANE the amount of people...wall to wall...what stops me from eating fair food is the fact my stomach does not tolerate fried foods much anymore so just thinking about getting an upset stomach and having to use a public restroom was not in my best interest! Eat just a small bit at a time to ensure your stomach isn't going to react negatively!! Have fun!!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    i haven't been in a few years to the state fair, but I always go with my dad, who doesn't like to eat a lot of food either. We'll pick a couple of things to eat and try, and we always stop by the milk booth! The last time I went, I got a gyro and a root beer float. Pick two treats that you want to try, and then busy yourself walking in the 4-H booths and seeing the animals, and getting free stuff!
  • carorb72
    carorb72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    cheese curds...my weakness
  • abitzan
    abitzan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have worked there for about 5 years selling deep fried candy bars and my best advice to not only save money but yourself is to;
    1) try to share food items
    2) bring your own water bottle full because it is SO much cheaper then buying water there
    3) Pack something healthy be it an apple, carrots, ect
    4) don't go into the fair hungry, grab something to eat before you go.

Have a great time!