Artificial Sweeteners - What do you all drink?

Options
Hey guys honest question, I’ve heard mixed opinions about what your body does with the zero-calorie, zero sugar drinks. I really want to know what the body does with things like Aspartame? I’ve heard because it doesn’t know how to properly process and digest it it gets stored as body fat, is this true? I’m trying to decide if it’s better to take the carb hit and drink a regular soda occasionally or if the no-calorie, no-sugar is the best option. Thanks guys!

Replies

• echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I drink the diet 7-Up products (regular, cherry, and Sunkist orange) and Zevia, sweetened with stevia.

I love the Zevia drinks, especially grape, but they are twice the price compared to the others. (At least)

• zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hey guys honest question, I’ve heard mixed opinions about what your body does with the zero-calorie, zero sugar drinks. I really want to know what the body does with things like Aspartame? I’ve heard because it doesn’t know how to properly process and digest it it gets stored as body fat, is this true? I’m trying to decide if it’s better to take the carb hit and drink a regular soda occasionally or if the no-calorie, no-sugar is the best option. Thanks guys!

I have a current BMI of 21.0 and I'm drinking flavored water right now that has aspartame in it. I've lose 50lbs and have been maintianing the weight loss for years, as well as fantastic health markers, and I use artificial sweeteners several times a day.

• Wallelf56
    Wallelf56 Posts: 13 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    They were on sale ;) but I can't get the picture to load: a backseat full of Diet Pepsi
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    H2O with lemon all day every day. No softs drinks or juices. Of course a few light beers 2 weekly.